Please note this job is located at Winter Park Resort in Winter Park, CO. WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
WHO WE ARE:
At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don't be fooled by our convenient location, though... you'll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you! WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in? PERKS & BENEFITS:
There's more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don't just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
The IT Network Administrator will work with a team of IT administrators, technicians, and professionals, focused on performing skilled work in the design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of enterprise networks and computer systems, and related equipment. This position is responsible for the day-to-day resort network and telecom operations and will require a sphere of expertise that includes routers, switches, firewalls, copper and fiber infrastructure cabling, and wireless technologies including access points and PtP/PtMP bridging.
The Network Administrator will also be responsible for creating and maintaining up-to-date documentation of IP schemes and subnet allocations across multiple Class B networks, physical and logical network diagrams, and other associated documentation in an internal knowledge base. The ITNA shall perform upkeep and ensure accuracy of network monitoring and diagnostic systems, such as weathermaps, bandwidth graphs, netflow, SNMP, and syslog configuration. Prior knowledge and experience troubleshooting across the OSI model, leveraging appropriate tools and utilities to diagnose layer 1 through layer 3 problems, extensive knowledge of DNS and DHCP, and the use and interpretation of packet capture and port scanning utilities.
The ideal candidate will have systems experience beyond the world of pure networking and possess cross-disciplinary Systems Administration and helpdesk experience sufficient to perform skilled server and PC troubleshooting, and utilize appropriate terminology when documenting, explaining, or escalating issues. This position will be supporting infrastructure across two mountains with many on-mountain restaurants and business locations, and is expected to be able to, with training and support, troubleshoot and support business critical applications and POS hardware as needed. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Education:
- Management, maintenance, installation, and ownership of corporate and enterprise LAN/WAN equipment, consisting of Cisco, Palo Alto, Ubiquiti, and VMWare vSwitch technologies
- Support and maintenance of wireless infrastructure, including local WAPs, hotspots, PtP/PtMP links, using a variety of Cisco, Ubiquiti, and Motorola technologies
- Configuration, maintenance, tracking, and documentation of multiple Class B subnets and associated IP schemes
- Execute add/move/changes pertaining to VLAN, subnet, IP, device assignments and configuration
- Support and maintenance of physical layer and infrastructure, including analog, twisted pair Ethernet, and fiber optic infrastructure, including installation and termination of cabling through complex environments
- Remotely diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues related to resort computer networks
- Conduct site surveys and meet with other department contacts to plan and coordinate new/upgraded cabling, infrastructure, and equipment
- Develop and maintain documentation, diagrams, configuration templates, procedure manuals, troubleshooting guidelines, knowledge base articles, and asset inventory information
- Architect, research, evaluate, plan, coordinate, and execute solutions related to new projects, upgrades, replacements, or enhancements of the network and related technologies
- Knowledge of, adherence to, and ongoing education in the realms of network security, IT trends, and best practices, including industry newsletters and distribution groups (US-CERT/CISA, Cisco SIRT, Mitre CVE, NANOG, etc)
- Maintain and support vendor relationships, procure pricing and technical specifications for equipment and projects
- Manage and assist third party contractors on large scale projects
- Assist with Systems and Help Desk related functions during high season operations and special events
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Degree in CS/IS/IT or other related discipline desired; equivalent work experience or combination of education and experience will be considered
Qualifications and Skills:
- Have a basic understanding of ski resort operations
- Must have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in the field of IT
- Must have a minimum of 3 years professional experience directly related to Network Administration, Network Engineering, or advanced technical support of IP networking in a corporate/enterprise environment supporting 100+ users
- A valid Colorado Driver's License is required. May also be required to obtain a license or specific training for off-road vehicles or snow machines
- Ability to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level required
- Experience with advanced networking concepts such as switch stacks, VLANs, VRFs, spanning tree, port-channels, QoS/CoS, L2 switching and L3 routing protocols (EIGRP/OSPF/BGP), VSS, multi-tier LAN design models, 802.1x, and 802.11
- Experience with physical network infrastructure, with an emphasis on copper and fiber optic Ethernet networks, including installation, termination, and troubleshooting
- Experience with PowerShell, Python, RegEx, or similar required
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows server environments
- Experience with VMWare strongly preferred
- Strong technical skills and ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Strong abilities to read, create, and interpret technical documents.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently, while closely collaborating with management on broader IT projects.
- Must be passionate about IT and actively seeking to expand knowledge
- Experience with PCI and SOX compliance preferred.
Most work will be performed in Winter Park, CO. However, occasional travel to the Greater Denver area and other locations may be required from time-to-time. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as occasional after hours and on-call duties. Office Environment:
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 40 pounds on an occasional basis, with assistance.
- Due to support demands the IT Network Administrator must be able to ski/ride, walk, snowmobile/ATV, and/or drive to all Winter Park locations.
- Must be able to carry computers and associated equipment.
- Must have fine motor skills to work with small wires and parts.
- Must be able to work outside in a high altitude, mountain and alpine environment.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change, as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business. WAGE:
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
Salary range: $55,000.00 - $80,000.00 annually AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will