To see full job description and to apply: https://dkkdstaffing.com/job/it-network-and-infrastructure-engineer-awspalo-alto-el-segundo-ca-direct-hire/
JOB TITLE: IT Network and Infrastructure Engineer
LOCATION: El Segundo, Ca (Some travel to other sites may be necessary)
Hierarchy /Reports To: IT Manager, Services
Salary: to be discussed
Staff to oversee: none at this time
DKKD has placed many people at this company
NOT open to Corp to Corp NO 3rd party vendors MUST work onsite NO remote
Employment Requirement: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
D KKD Staffing s recruiting team has been together for almost 20 years.
DKKD specializes in building IT teams from CIO/CTO/CISO to Helpdesk (Infrastructure & Applications) as well as staffing Human Resources, Internal Recruiters, F&A and Admins.
All job openings are available on and DKKD pays for placed referrals. Who do You know looking for work?
Responsible for day-to-day deployment and support of the infrastructure within the company cloud and on-premise environments. The position will be part of the IT Services organization that will interface with company employees in Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
Configure and manage network routers and switches Create Layer-2 and 3 networks Configure ports and make port level changes as needed Configure Spanning-Tree protocol Configure OSPF and BGP routing protocols Upload and manage IOS software Managing PKI digital certificates and public-key encryption. Active Directory Domains Windows Server and Client systems Linux systems Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktop (XenApp/Presentation Server) Backup/Archiving solutions incorporating S3 technology. Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office application tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Setup, implementation and support of:
- Setup and management of NAT rules and IPSec Tunneling
- Configure and maintain security policies and zones
- Add route statements as needed
- Troubleshoot issues related to firewall policies and routing
- Perform packet captures and interpret the output
Experience with the following firewall platforms: Palo Alto Firewalls Juniper SRX and Vyatta Gateways; Cisco Experience: Routers Switches Access Points IOS & NX-OS. Experience of Virtualization; VMware Working knowledge and ability to program/script/query: Batch Powershell Python Microsoft SQL
- AWS/Cloud platform experience
- Setup VPC s; EC2 Instances; Security Groups
Preferred Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Palo Alto Certified Network Security Engineer
- Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Microsoft Certified Network Professional
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Implementation and support of secure infrastructure which consists of networks, servers, databases, applications and systems within the Cloud and on-premise environments.
- Follow direction and governance from Infrastructure and Security teams so all systems adhere to company standards and company s IT Security Plan.
- Setup of business-critical customer accessible systems; focusing on uptime, scalability and security.
- Ensures the appropriate backup and archive of all systems including customer data, based on contractual agreements.
- Maintain and develop procedures/systems to ensure appropriate access control to customers data.
- Explain highly technical solutions to non-technical staff, crisp clear communication and ability to explain solutions and how they provide value.
- Maintain system integrity and security enhancements and monitoring, including maintenance of component inventory, lifecycle management and related documentation.
- Create and maintain documentation relating to systems; networking architecture and setup.
- Monitors effectiveness of existing systems. Provides improvement recommendations.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual security reports.
- Arrange monitoring and reporting of server health and performance.
- Responsible for configuration and support of firewalls and networking.
- Provision servers, both physical and virtual; on-premise and cloud.
- Ensure appropriate software installations, and software upgrades/patching.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Initiative Initiates activity makes things happen and works under own direction; Proactively presents solutions when facing problems.
- Communication Communicates clearly and fluently verbally and in writing; Gives clear explanations and checks for understanding; Demonstrates credibility.
- Innovation Produces a range of effective solutions to problems; Proactively offers suggestions for improvement.
- Planning and Execution Effectively handles multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Customer Focus Delivers on promises made to customers/stakeholders promptly and efficiently with personalized service.
- Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes data to create informative actions. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Personal Accountability Able to carry out tasks with minimal guidance; Willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; makes timely decisions.
- Quality Focus Shows concern for quality, accuracy, and completeness of work.
- Teamwork Demonstrates tact, courtesy, and flexibility; Quickly builds rapport and makes people feel at ease; Proactively offers help and support to other team members.
- Adaptability Demonstrates a rapid understanding of new information; Adapts quickly to new situations.
- Ethical Conduct Supports and effectively executes company policies, programs and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar disciplines; one (1) to three (3) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be a U.S. Person
- Subject to FAA/DOT Program
To see all our open positions: www. DKKDStaffing.com