, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe
provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe
you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum
in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work. sm
The Sr Tech Support Specialist will be responsible for monitoring and maximizing the availability and continuity of LHI's Infrastructure and Applications. This function monitors LHI's critical systems, coordinates the processes and activities to restore service after an incident occurs and facilitates root cause identification and remediation. Schedule will be: 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM CST, Tuesday - Saturday Primary Responsibilities:
- Monitoring Infrastructure, Apps and Jobs and validate overall environment health
- Acknowledge, validate, and correlate monitoring alerts.
- Proactively monitor and trend component/application/product performance and degradation
- Identify impact and prioritize incidents based on LHI definition and guidelines
- Initiate and facilitate High Priority Incident Management War Rooms
- Utilizing general knowledge of server, network, database, storage, web, and load balancing technologies to direct restoration efforts.
- Provide Alert on, status of and explanations of High Priority incidents to IT team and business stakeholders.
- Perform manual application testing to ensure systems are available and functioning.
- Complete 'check-out' of all critical applications after change and incidents to identity possible business impact
- Participate in Change/Release Checkout verification
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post-offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant IT experience
- Availability and flexibility to work between the hours of 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM CST, Tuesday - Saturday, in addition to on-call requirements
- General knowledge of IT Infrastructure (servers, network, database, storage, web applications, and load balancing technologies)
- General knowledge of web, application and data architectures
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer.
- Track record of learning new tools and technologies
- US Citizen with ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Detail and results-oriented, with ability to adhere to operational process and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface with Senior leaders
- Proactive and self-motivated, passionate, team-player
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business.
- IT Operations Experience (Infrastructure, Application or Operations Center)
- Incident and Problem Management experience
- ITIL Certification
- Understanding of existing LHI technology and business operations
- National Career Readiness Certificate
The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Optum, UnitedHealth Group, LHI, Infrastructure Support, ITIL, Technology Command Center Analyst, La Crosse, WI. #RPO