Our client, a major Exchange with Offices in Rockville, Maryland is looking or an IT operations Manager.
The IT Operations Manager will oversee the Technical Data Operations team. This team currently comprises 3 resources in Rockville Maryland and Helsinki, Finland. The Manager position is located in Rockville, Maryland with occasional travel to various offices.
The team's primary focus is on the management of real-time proprietary data products and services, including TotalView, Level 2, Basic, , Mutual Fund Quotation and Dissemination Service, PSX and BX Depth Data, Market Replay and the DataStore.
The position is for an experienced professional with experience in technical operations who can act as a "player-coach" and take a hands-on role in day-to-day operations alongside a traditional managerial role. This is a key, front-line position with a lot of visibility and responsibility within Company. The role involves trouble shooting complex and interesting issues that cross departments. We are interested in someone that can evidence a "take charge" attitude and is not afraid to ask questions and look for ways to optimize our systems and processes.
Typical Team Activities:
* Liaise with Core IT team and Senior Management, Product Management, Sales, Marketing with system issues for in-scope products.
* Draft and manage the release of time-sensitive customer news communications, websites and database corrections and follow up as appropriate with external clients and internal partners
* Engage external clients on content, system and process issues related to Data Products via vendor alerts, mass emails and direct communications
* Support migrations and upgrades of Data Products
* Support ad hoc projects and requests as relates to Data Products
* Serve as a content expert on CompanyTrader, CMS, VSS, alerts and web vendor displays
* Support testing and deployment of upstream changes and technological upgrades for the Ultrafeed
* Liaise with internal and external groups on industry initiatives such as Symbology
* Report on and analyze various operational metrics with MS Excel and PowerPoint
* Education Required: B.A. or B.S. degree in Business, Information Management, Information Technology or a similar discipline
* Experience Required: Minimum 3 to 5 years
-Must have experience with broad range of technologies with a keen interest to learn and challenge the status quo
-Excellent Communication skills
* Must be a good problem solver and comfortable trouble shooting high profile problems within tight time constraints
* Must be comfortable communicating across organizational and hierarchical lines
* Must be knowledgeable with current trends in market data with specific knowledge of current products, competition and industry.
* Must have experience with general managerial tasks such as: budgeting, hiring, firing, performance reviews, coaching
* Evaluates current situation based on previous experience; identifies advanced implications/ conclusions from the logical analysis of a complex situation or issue; weighs options critically.
- Integrates complex information and concepts and organizes analysis efforts into a systematic framework; verifies logic of others and challenges ideas, assumptions and conclusions.
- Synthesizes information from various sources by breaking it down into relevant components and generating new data when needed; considers a broad range of issues when determining relevance of data.
- Ascertains customers' business needs and time constraints, balanced against costs and available resources, and communicates a realistic estimate of project timing.
- Monitors performance and deliverables of individuals on the project team to ensure overall project success; actively keeps all members of the project team informed of progress input to contingency plans and seeks guidance on meeting delivery goals.
- Develops project plans and prioritizes tasks to achieve project milestones; recognizes project risks (e.g. missed deadlines, quality issues, resource constraints), provides input to contingency plans and seeks guidance on meeting delivery goals.
- Applies deep functional and technical expertise when completing work and to solve complex problems/issues and to answer questions from junior associates.
- Acts as a source of technical expertise; collaborates with other associates to develop functional capabilities, knowledge and skills, encouraging them to develop their IT expertise.
- Develops skills in multiple technical areas to gain IT breadth of knowledge; identifies ways to use new skills and current IT trends to streamline IT processes and procedures.
- Conducts a deep review of data and issues to quickly reveal the root cause of complex problems; anticipates and prepares for potential problems.