IT Operations Manager
Our Los Angeles-based client, a non-profit providing services to people with physical and intellectual disabilities, is looking for an IT Operations Manager to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for the development, support and security of technical operations. This includes management of daily operations and technical support, and operational staff. Under general supervision of the IT Director, you will improve operational processes, ensure the stability and performance technology platforms and recovery.
What’s in it for you?
A warm and collaborative culture, low-stress work environment, with a small IT team. You will definitely have a voice at the table, and be involved in strategy and vision for the organization, at any level. Excellent benefits!
- Ensure alignment of IT services delivery to strategic plan
- Troubleshoot problems across multiple environments and vendors
- Design and implement technology solutions for a mobile workforce
- Develop statements of work, design systems and services, and estimates for solutions
- Develop and advocate operational policies and procedures
- Recruit operational staff, schedule work, and monitors performance
- Provide technical mentorship and coaching to employees
- Provide capacity plans to ensure availability of resources are available to facilitate growth of the technical environment
- Manage vendors that support IT operational activities
- Manage vendor licensing to ensure compliance and optimization of configurations
- Create and administer disaster recovery plans and testing
- Fortify back-up procedures, information security and control structures
- Perform research and cost allocation for implementation of new technologies and applications
- Manage IT assets and information per established security and inventory policies
What Gets You the Job?
- Experience providing senior-level technical infrastructure team leadership, including hands-on support and development
- 5 to 10 years’ comprehensive IT-related experience
- Demonstrated expertise in the following areas: servers, storage, database administration, network, security, NOC, systems engineering, disaster recovery, help desk, support, IT operations
- Proven knowledge of such Microsoft products as O365/Exchange, Windows, SQL, and SharePoint
- Experience setting up and securing highly available SQL farms, replication, and colocation or cloud
- Functional knowledge of VDI support environments and challenges
- Proficiency in developing and testing disaster recovery plans
- Preferred experience in an environment requiring HIPAA, SOX, or PCI compliance
- Minimum high school diploma or GED – Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Equivalent combination of IT education and experience will be considered
- Microsoft certifications are a plus
- Flexibility to work on-call for emergencies, and some nights, weekends, and holidays
- A valid California Driver's License and transportation (or acceptable substitute) required for this position
- Occasional night, weekend, holiday, and on-call (emergency) availability
Send us your resume today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.