The IT Operations Tech will report to the IT Director and will oversee the Palo Alto facility’s technical foundation running the organizations day to day operations.
The IT Operations Tech will support the technology operations for the Palo Alto location. The successful candidate will work as a team member and handle tasks in a variety of areas including the technical support of the LMS (Laboratory Management System) and the SaaS based ERP System. desktop support, cloud environment, network oversight, security cameras and software, mostly in a Microsoft environment.
They will support all IT strategies and infrastructure and to help evaluate the company’s adherence to technology requirements for security and compliance protocols. The position will work with contractors including developers, support technicians, security analysts, 3rd party vendors and the managed services provider.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
As part of the IT team, the successful candidate will play a key role in supporting operations and taking the business to the next level scaling operations. The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Operational support & day to day oversight for the LMS & ERP systems along with peripheral systems along with the Business Systems Analysts
- Manage the Managed Services Provider
- Oversight management of the Cloud environment (Azure) and the O365 platform
- Build-out with the Head of IT the IT Processes and associated systems (e.g. O365, Azure and other SaaS based solutions)
- Create and execute maintenance plans for ecosystem.
- Identifies improvement opportunities, finds vulnerabilities, and eliminates security risks.
- Triage issues and work to increase user satisfaction.
- Assesses need for new equipment and software.
- Provide monthly reporting on system performance
- Analyze system capacity performance regularly
- Builds and maintains relationships with outside vendors.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The qualifications necessary for the IT Operations Tech include the following:
- Strong knowledge of IT best practices, security, policies, and regulations.
- Working knowledge of ITSM Practices for Service Management
- Solid understanding of cloud operations, client server and networks architecture, telecommunications, database and storage systems.
- Previous experience working with ERP / enterprise applications
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Keen attention to details.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects.
- Customer service mindset and good interpersonal skills including active listening.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Team oriented
- Self-starter with strong “proactive” work ethic to take ownership and drive issues to closure.
- Technically curious / self-driven awareness of new technologies to support the business
- Individual must be able to sit and work in front of a computer for long periods of time
- Hybrid work environment (Home / Office)
- Sedentary to light physical effort necessary to perform the job
- Contact with employees and vendors
- Occasional travel, off hour meetings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in IT operations.
- Three years’ managing experience, preferred.
- Experience supporting cloud and on-premises environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations helpful.
- College degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience preferred