The IT Project Manager requires project management and business analysis skills with the ability coordinate and successfully execute multiple projects.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with business users and stakeholders.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Where necessary, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on findings.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirement specifications.
- Develop and execute test plan focused on functional & data quality testing as well as all other methods of testing (stress, volume, etc.)
- Work with front office to develop and execute user acceptance test plan including assisting with complete documentation and result archiving
- Develop and manage deployment plans
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Where required, coordinate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Develop project plans and associated communications documents.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and track project timelines and milestones
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Some travel by car and/or air in conjunction with local, regional and/or national travel, up to 20%.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Position requires hand-on project management and the resource must be able to execute the entire project lifecycle from concept to deployment .
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in either retail or broker dealer environment with knowledge in the areas of Sales and Trading, middle office, and back office operations.
- Exposure in Equity and Fixed Income products along with investment products such as mutual funds, annuities and IRAs.
- Experience in full service sell side broker deal environment with focus on Research, Equity Sales/Trading and Fixed Income.
- Experience in full service Investment Bank.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Minimum Required: 3-5 year’s direct work experience in a project management and business analysis capacity including all aspects of process development and execution; Experience in producing analysis documents and testing development of test plans.
- Basic SQL Data Set Analysis experience.
- Experience in front office OMS & EMS platforms, and middle and back office technology.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation’s leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation’s seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry’s largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.