Kforce has a client in search of an IT Planning Lead - Program/Portfolio Management in Long Beach, CA.
* Lead the organizing and administration of the annual IT Project Portfolio and other IT Strategic Planning efforts; In doing so, help the IT Software & Services team follow controlled, approved, and industry leading processes and procedures to deliver business requests and projects in accordance with expectations; Administer, maintain, monitor, and report on the IT Project Portfolio; Understand projects in portfolio and provide guidance and suggestions to IT Software & Services departments on project priority, relationships, and dependencies; Facilitate IT Portfolio review sessions with business customers and IT management team(s); Maintain communication with business customers to keep them informed on project status and to coordinate ITs response to their changes in business priorities
* Maintain, monitor, and prepare reports on the IT Strategic Project Roadmaps established by the IT Software & Services team; Understand the strategic projects and roadmaps, and document, track and update priority, relationships, and dependencies on projects within the roadmaps; As necessary, facilitate Strategic Project Roadmap review sessions with IT management team(s)
* Apply knowledge of ITIL, project management, and portfolio management to continually improve service to our business customers; Consistently delivers high-quality services to our customers; Lead or facilitate Portfolio or Roadmap review sessions and ensure all statuses and feedback are gathered successfully, and any unforeseeable issues are resolved in a timely manner
* Develop or contribute to the process and methods used for the overall management planning of the IT department; Assess goals and priorities and recommend strategies and techniques to prepare comprehensive and achievable plans
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; A comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered equivalent to the education listed above
* 3+ years of work experience with the software lifecycle and program management or portfolio administration is required
* 3+ years Portfolio and/or Program Management experience is preferred
* Experience in a mid or large enterprise IT environment is required
* Experience working with contracting parties or business partners
* Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills
* Excellent writing skills and the ability to express ideas concisely and clearly, orally and in writing
* Excel and PowerPoint
* ITIL certification preferred
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.