IT Portfolio Manager (Messaging and Digital)
Full time, direct hire
Contact Mary at
- Work across departments to gather and understand the varying perspectives on the program and its solutions – function, user experience, privacy, risk, technology, security, etc.
- Stay current with trends in their assigned area – both in terms of business trends and technology trends that influence the area. Maintain awareness of best practices and competitive intelligence of what other firms are doing in this area.
- Based on the above, determine the short- and long-term roadmaps for their program – adjusting over time as priorities and technologies change. Communicate and socialize the roadmap to achieve executive buy-in.
- Make key tradeoff, risk, and other critical decisions to do the “right” thing for the program, taking into account all perspectives.
- Champion change and innovation in the area – socializing a forward-thinking program of projects and program roadmap.
- Determine skills needed, roles needed, and create and organize project teams based on resource estimates from the resource owners (Business Analysts, Developers, Architects, Project Managers, etc.) Resolve resource, timing or other conflicts between projects and groups.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate performance of direct reports
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field or relevant work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading programs of projects balancing a variety of perspectives and interests
- A minimum of 2 years of experience creating and managing product roadmaps, including enhancement and other user requests
- Demonstrated experience in multiple IT-related functional disciplines (e.g. one or more of: Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Security, Quality Assurance, etc.)
- Executive presentation skills
- Successful management of Core IT initiatives such as:
- Messaging and Digital Collaboration tools (Cisco and Jabber phones, Zoom and WebEx, Exchange, Outlook, Enterprise Vault, Proofpoint, O365, Teams
- General Technology enhancements based on trends and future initiatives (on premise services, cloud services, servers, data and application integrations desktop and mobile, scripting)
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting