We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented IT Portfolio Solution Architect and Innovation Lead to join our team in Reston, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Leidos..
This strategic position will market Leidos capabilities and qualifications with Civilian Department CIOs and leadership. This role is a key advisor to opportunity pursuit teams to ensure Leidos solutions are aligned with client pain points and presenting a road map to digitally transform the government in a high value manner. This position provide guidance to ensure Leidos' major programs maintain alignment with key client stakeholders. This position provides oversight on key pursuit client engagement and win strategies.
Preferred location is Reston VA based. However, remote location is acceptable; with understanding travel to support proposals and program operations is required. Estimated travel is approximately 25 to 33% of total time.
The IT Portfolio Solution Architect / Innovations Lead will report to the FEEC Chief Technology Officer and provide matrixed support the FEEC MIT Division Manager, in support of MIT's diverse portfolio.
The IT Portfolio Solution Architect / Innovations Lead will provide technical and thought leadership across three primary functions:
- Identifying and incorporating innovations in existing FEEC MIT programs to drive on-contract growth and improved re-compete win rates
- Winning and capturing new opportunities
- Ensuring existing program technical performance
- The IT Portfolio Solution Architect / Innovations Lead will need to understand mission outcomes and interface with customer stakeholders and partners to ensure enterprise-wide technical solutions are effective in tackling the most pressing problems efficiently.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in identifying and providing solutions for efficiencies, i, comparing, selecting and implementing enabling technology solutions to meet current and future outcomes.
- The candidate will provide direction and project leadership, test innovative concepts for further exploration, and support the implementation of solutions that extend capability for our customer.
- Proven leadership making impactful decisions regarding technological enhancements, determining how to leverage technology investments and capital to support program goals is desired.
- Travel will be required.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in providing solutions that emphasis on the intersection of technical, business case and value proposition.
- Provide guidance and collaboratively develop of our technical strategy in line with FEEC MIT objectives and rapidly changing technologies to enable new business opportunities.
- Support reviews and monitor programs to ensure system designs meet/exceed requirements and technical risks are identified and mitigated resulting in successful delivery of programs to our customer
- Support customer engagement events to understand our customer's future needs and ensure a better informed technical strategy
- Identify, validate, present and integrate new innovative concepts into existing and potential FEEC MIT programs and opportunities
- Lead the development of solutions for upcoming new business opportunities or to support innovation with current programs.
- Lead research and case studies on leading edge technologies and make determinations on the applicability to the current program or its future direction
- Mentor aspiring lead engineers ensure a culture of technical vitality within the program and organization
- Merge technical, business case and customer value proposition to drive FEEC strategic performance
- Communicate to internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in FEEC technical reviews and strategy development
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a relevant technical discipline with 12 to 15 years of related experience
- Demonstrated expertise developing/delivering technical solutions for large scale technology platforms and offerings
- Understanding and experience of life-cycle development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience delivering technical reports and plans (verbal/written) to executives and senior officials
- Experience with all components of the ITIL framework
- Possess current industry certifications in project management, cloud technologies, computer platforms, systems and networks, data services and/or security
- Familiarity with DOE Enterprise IT systems, requirements and acquisitions
- Familiarity and/or experience with Technology Business Management Framework
- Experience as a Solution Architect
- Successful development and leadership of large-scale technical solutions within proposals
- Experience developing and managing solutions to cost and schedule constraints