IT Product Manager – Stores Customer Experience
How this role will make an impact:
Would you like to help define the future of PetSmart’s customer experience? If so, PetSmart is aggressively accelerating its in-store technologies and we are looking for strong, experienced leaders who can drive us forward.
In this IT Product Manager – Stores role you will be leading the delivery of our store customer experience solutions. You will lead a team of Application and Quality Analysts in this role.
You’ll leverage your strong technical experience to lead agile teams to deliver projects on time with a high degree of quality while ensuring that daily operations are stable. Your success in this role will be because you’re able to communicate clearly and effectively to technical, business, and executive stakeholders.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5+ years’ experience successfully leading teams that have delivered large scale projects on time and on budget within retail store systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent
- Strong understanding/experience with POS, Task Management and Workforce Management systems
- Experience in delivering large, highly complex programs and deploying solutions within a store environment
- Strong critical thinking skills. Ability to learn and solve problems quickly
- Ability to build strong relationships to become a trusted and respected partner
- Demonstrates high accountability
- Technical delivery experience in an agile environment
- Ability to understand technical concepts and evaluate tradeoffs
- Understanding of modern software development practices and QA best practices
- Experience with JIRA, automation tools, testing software
- Experience in developing a request for proposal documents
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment operating at both a strategic and tactical level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Partner with business stakeholders to determine their goals and requirements to create strategic product roadmaps
- Stay current on industry trends and provides insights and recommendations into roadmap development
- Participate in defining the PetSmart customer experience of the future
- Work closely with product management, engineering, Infrastructure, and other team members to deliver valuable, high-quality capabilities
- Enable the development and oversight of our product release schedule for all the applications in the store commerce space
- Lead the selection of key in store applications
- Escalate decisions to product owners and sponsors as necessary
- Manage analyst team to develop complete, accurate, unambiguous requirements/stories in support of the program
- Manage risks and resolve issues affecting scope, quality, budget, and schedule
- Lead the team to work in a collaborative, customer-focused environment
- Manage a team of application and QA analyst that support the Store Commerce, Workforce Management and Task Management capabilities
- Develop relevant artifacts for communication, direction, delivery, quality, and solutions
About our IT team:
We’re growing at a faster pace than we ever have before, investing heavily in cutting-edge technology and, more importantly, our people. Our PetSmart IT team isn’t just its own department, they have valued business partners to every area of our company. At every level, our IT associates are empowered to come up with innovative ideas that have strategic impacts on the business. You’ll take pride in the work that you do and the “why” behind it all—for the love of pets.
Why you’ll love it here:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet-friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite childcare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities