IT Product Manager Data Warehouse
At Computershare we invite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 16,000 people around the globe are entrepreneurial and innovative and serve our clients and customers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver, every time.
We are a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for our expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement. We are proud to say that many of the world s leading organizations partner with us to streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers.
At Computershare we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives we have, the better equipped we ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We want every person who joins out team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected be applicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
Computershare is committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you need any assistance, please let us know and we are happy to help.
Interested in joining our leading brand? Keep reading below about this position and then click Apply to tell us about yourself!
The IT Product Manager is responsible for directing and managing a cross functional team(s) of IT Professionals that are responsible for the full development lifecycle of a product(s) at Computershare under an Agile software development methodology. They will work very closely with key business stakeholders to define and prioritize the product backlog, developing the vision and roadmap and working with Agile team members to deliver the best possible product(s) over a series of releases.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Manage overall team and individuals skillsets, performance and throughput through training plans, career development and performance management
- Resource and Release Management
- Develop strategic Product Roadmap(s) and vision
- Work closely with other supporting roles including Project Management, Architects, Infrastructure and other Development teams to achieve the best outcomes; reporting results
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Development experience in a SQL Server environment
- Demonstrated experience with Project Management in Software Development
- Experience with resource planning and release planning
- Strong aptitude for Team Building and Performance Management
- Experience with Quality Testing (Unit, Functional, Regression, Load) and Business Analysis practices
- Excellent Communications (written, verbal and presentation skills)
- IT Service Management (Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, etc.)
- IT Reporting (Service Levels, Quality, Project Status Reporting, etc.)
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have extensive experience working in an IT Enterprise Software Development Team
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server Platform (SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Demonstrated experience working in an enterprise Data Warehouse environment
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Must have experience managing at least one of the following teams (Software Developers, Business Analysts or Quality Assurance Testers)
- Experience managing cross-functional development teams including Software Developers, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Testers
- In-depth experience with various SDLCs, Waterfall and Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Hybrid)
- Experience in the mortgage or legal services industries
Ability to read/comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one/small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally have reason to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.
Computershare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by business needs and communicated by their supervisor.