As an IT Product Manager at UWM, you will be a key member of our IT organization, driving forward cutting edge technology for our internal and external users. You will closely partner with key business stakeholders, business teams, and brokers along with various IT teams to craft a compelling product vision and roadmap. Product Managers will work closely with end users and the business to understand how application changes influence our business and enhance our future.
Essential functions of the role include:
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Leverage your extensive knowledge of mobile applications to partner with business areas and clients to understand the needed outcome of product usage.
- Work with Application Development, Data Services, UI / UX designers, and other Product Managers / Product Owners to understand what is possible and to set product direction.
- Define new product capabilities to achieve specific desired outcomes.
- Define and maintain a product roadmap, adjusting as necessary to assure delivery of value.
- Represent the voice and perspective of the customer in everything we do.
- Define both the What and Why of the product direction.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOURequired:
- Market analysis on product strategy and vision
- Facilitate product brainstorming sessions with stakeholders and development team
- Create channels and processes for feedback loops
- Align business goals with the incremental delivery of software
- Clearly express and deliver the business value- the why - behind the product and vision to the development team
- Represent the needs of users to the IT Team
- Engagement and knowledge of relevant business area(s) to be able to provide ideas, discuss minimum viable product (MVP), and prioritize features with stakeholders
- Collaborate and communicate with other Product Managers and Product Owners on intersecting products
- Analyze, communicate, and create Key Performance Indicators around the product during vision setting and post-launch
- Review/Demos - provide feedback early and often to the team around project specific changes
- Coordinate the necessary training with the corresponding Training Team
- 1-year experience in Information Technology as a Business Analyst, Product Owner, or Business Specialist
- A strong knowledge of policies and procedures
- Strong organizational skills and a sharp attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills throughout product vision and delivery
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- A passion for constant collaboration and bridge-building between teams and ideas
- The drive to make a difference
- An inquisitive approach to products and processes
- Skill at engaging senior level stakeholders
- A bachelor's degree that exemplifies communication and critical thinking, including but not limited to Informatics, Communication, English, or Data Analytics
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It's no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- Indoor/outdoor caf with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities