Cobb Systems Groupp, LLC (CSG) seeks to acquire an IT Program Manager to work on the team of a prestigious FINTECH client with a national footprint. The main function of an IT Program Manager is to assist the IT Program Director in the successful definition, implementation, and delivery of complex programs that require cross-functional collaboration and interdependencies across a group of projects and/or related activities. The IT Program Manager provides oversight of program scope definition and management, project schedule development and tracking, project status reporting, issue and risk management, contingency planning, and communications across multiple organizational levels. The IT Program Manager is responsible for metrics development and reporting out of Jira and for analysis of metrics and Jira data to prevent issues from occurring and to provide insight into scope definition and feature development. The IT Program Manager owns the framework for communicating and steering the delivery of projects through engineering managers, product managers, and their teams. The IT Program Manager will need to set expectations within the program team and with the larger technology and business stakeholders. This role is an independent contributor role with no direct reports and should be able to work autonomously as a strong leader with a voice of command. This is a large-scale, multi-year initiative with great potential for career growth and skills expansion.
Assist the Program Director in program delivery by:
- Managing risks, dependencies, resource needs, reporting, schedule, changes, approvals, budget
- Capturing notes and actions from various meetings
- Tracking commitments and artifacts due for quality, timeliness, correct repository
- Assisting in resolving complex issues, and strategic planning
- Assisting in drafting and planning communications from the program
- Organizing and facilitating meetings such as dependency management working sessions, program leadership meetings, executive meetings, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering, or related field required.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in IT software development project and program management
- 5+ years of experience in Agile software development environments (Scrum, SAFe, LESS, Kanban, etc.)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Jira
- Strong experience with communication and executive presence
- Ability and Experience in project estimating, project scheduling & tracking, customer interaction and management, implementation planning in large organizations, change management
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
- Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization.
- Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions.
- Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment.
- Ability to be both detail-oriented and big picture
- Ability to analyze data/content and synthesize for management communication and decision-making
- Should have a background in managing technical practices and a background in managing technical projects and programs.
- Must be able to perform job functions in an environment without a central PMO and contribute to the maturation of program and project management practices and processes.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to create both documents and presentations and be able to prepare different communications for different audiences
- Must be comfortable working virtually and adept at using collaboration tools such as Teams, Slack, Confluence, Jira, Zoom, Skype.