Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today! Duties & Responsibilities
Medical Science & Computing is searching for a n IT Project Coordinator to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Facilitate weekly project review meetings where the senior staff review the status of projects.
- Review IT initiatives at the OMB, HHS, and NIH levels and NIH Scientific Areas of Interest to identify areas of potential impact. Participate in working groups to make recommendations to the CIO for improving the project review process.
- Review NIH, HHS, and OMB policies to assess impact on the Institute. Develop and maintain a repository of all policies on SharePoint and on the intranet site.
- Using knowledge and understanding of project methodologies, perform post implementation reviews (PIRs) of projects.
- Review project documentation, interview project teams, and create surveys to assess end-user satisfaction.
- Present findings in a written report and presentation to senior management.
- Support activities in the Program Management Office to ensure IT projects meet organizational goals and requirements.
- Provide guidance related to HHS Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) processes and policies. Develop and deliver training to project managers on the EPLC and project management best practices.
- Develop and maintain deliverable and artifact templates. Maintain a repository of project review artifacts.
- Support strategic planning efforts. Map Office's projects to strategic goals.
- Bachelor's degree plus 2-5 years of Project Management experience in an IT environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, SCRUM, etc.) and how to apply these methodologies to successful IT project completion is required. Experience with the HHS Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) framework is a plus.
- Experience evaluating IT projects and presenting recommendations.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
- Excellent oral communication skills, with demonstrated ability to provide persuasive points of view across different audiences, facilitate meetings, and conduct and summarize user interviews.
- Excellent written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to produce concise and thorough reports and presentations for senior and executive-level staff.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- PMP certification or equivalent is a plus.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.