Hoboken, NJ Description:
Our client is currently seeking a IT Project Manager/Scrum Master
for a full-time direct hire opportunity. Please reach out to Kevin Gorence () with any interest. POSITION DETAILS:Summary
The IT Project Manager/Scrum Master is responsible for providing project management coordination, support, and assistance in all aspects of projects and programs. Works primarily with senior level internal clients. This includes project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication and cost (overall accountability from original concept through the final implementation of IT solutions). Managing on-time and on-budget delivery of new and enhanced business capabilities that meet or exceed expectations is an integral part of the role. Responsible for global projects. Financial responsibility to meet budget and financial goals. Demonstrated and proven delivery track of large scale programs. Technical background. Responsibilities
Supports team building and development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, which can include
- Manages daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint planning, demos, and other scrum related activities.
- Tracks and communicate scrum metrics including team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Ensures Agile/scrum concepts and principles are adhered to including continuous integration builds and coaches team in implementing and practicing Agile Principles and methods.
- Helps the product owner establish and enforce sprint priorities and release delivery deadlines, manage backlog
- Designs optimal solutions and prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goals.
- Ensures business objectives are understood and achieved.
- Mediates, arbitrate, mitigate and facilitates impediments with the team members and the organizational hierarchy.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information.
KNOWLEDGE AND BREADTH: Education Experience
- Empowers and supporting self-organization
- Facilitates discussion and conflict resolution
- Fosters feedback culture
- Promotes collaboration between many self-organizing, cross-functional development teams
- Facilitates methods for the team to seek higher productivity levels
- Maintains awareness of other development teams' overall roadmap plan, decreasing the possibility of duplicate work being done between teams
- Promotes and educates the entire organization to understand AGILE principles
Knowledge and skills
- 10+ years total work experience
- 7+ years project management experience
- 5+ years of Agile experience
- A proven track record of successful project implementation in a software or technology environment.
- Team management experience, comfortable matrix managing project teams of up to 20 people.
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between
- Thorough knowledge of program structuring and work planning
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to have a strong impact and influence key decisions
- Ability to successfully execute projects in an onshore/offshore resource model
- Previous experience of package selection and vendor scoring
- Ability to Manage the scope change process and issue identification/resolution with all stakeholders
- Ability to Liaise between IT colleagues and business stakeholders to ensure collaboration and coordination.
- Ability to monitor and communicate status to senior leadership. Communicate and incorporate feedback from clients.
- Ability to instill Agile values and make teams productive, at any level of maturity
- The ability to demonstrate agile coaching experience with Agile methodologies such as XP, Scrum, Lean, or Kanban
- Experience with Confluence and Jira (or similar Agile tracking tools)
- SAFe® Scrum Master certificate is a plus
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com