PROGRAM MANAGER / DATA PRODUCT DELIVERY – HEALTHCARE ALTA IT Services has a 6 month + contract opening for a Program Manager of Healthcare Data Product Delivery, to support a leading, Maryland-based health insurance customer. Work is 100% remote for the remainder of COVID safety precautions, with eventual return to onsite/remote hybrid in Owings Mills MD, once pandemic conditions have passed.
The role exists to oversee, direct, and plan analyses and reporting as part of Data Services Products and Development teams. This team creates data products and analytic tools to drive better and faster decision making within the organization and provides critical support for key corporate programs, such as the Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and Total Care and Cost Improvement (TCCI) programs.
This position will use predictive and behavioral analytics, mathematical rigor, and analytically derived insights to develop and test solutions that improve consumer engagement, health outcomes and lower health care costs.
The incumbent will spend most of their time directing complex data management, analyses, and reporting empowering end users, including all levels of management in a variety of internal departments such as Medical & Networks Management, Sales, Legal, Marketing, Actuarial, Strategic Planning, Pharmacy, and the Office of the CEO to make better informed decisions.
The incumbent will also be heavily involved in producing complex analytics and reports for external customers including accounts, providers, and regulatory agencies.
This position will oversee the design and specifications of the SearchLight reports as well as executive requests related to PCMH Outcome Incentive Awards, Provider Cost Analyses, Hospital Rankings, Specialist Rankings, Measures That Matter (MTMs), Trends, CMS, TCCI Programs, Vigilance Shield, Quality, Engagement Score Analyses, Metabolic Index Analyses, Lab Results Analyses, HEDIS, Wellness Scores and Analyses, and vendor extracts.
This includes providing data oversight and ownership of the data relationship between our business partners. This is a fast-paced, collaborative and iterative environment requiring quick learning, agility and flexibility.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Chief Data Officer, the principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Program and Demand Management
- Analytics POD Leadership
- Self Service and Data Literacy
- Data Acquisition
- Thought Leadership and Strategy
- Communications and Organization Change Management
30% Program and Demand Management
- Recommends, approves, and directs large and complex multi-million-dollar projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
- Oversees the completion of ad hoc and production analyses and reports in support of CEO requests and major corporate programs such as Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Account reporting, quality and cost of care, provider performance, clinical outcomes, care program operations and efficiency.
- Overall support and guidance for internal/external audits, marketing analysis, legal and regulatory requests, as well as other analytical processes.
This may include some or all of the specific skills and functions below:
- Frequently works with the CEO, CFO, EVPs, SVPs, VPs and other senior leadership to gather/understand business requirements for new project and analytic requests.
- Ensures the accuracy and approves the presentation of reports and analyses. This includes designing and framing out the look and feel of each report, ensuring that data is accurate and presented in a neat, meaningful format that can be provided to management, senior and executive leadership as well as the Office of the CEO.
- Interprets data and provides analytical commentaries to explain or highlight significant findings.
- Create thoughtful solutions for broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then oversee the execution of those plans.
- Analyzes undirected research requests and frames open ended questions providing direction to team members to successfully complete such requests
- Regularly represents the department at CEO and Executive Management meetings as well as corporate wide meetings as business needs dictate.
- Works with other Data Leaders and the PMO to ensure balance between incoming demand and existing resource capacity
- Provides strategic leadership for the development, validation and delivery of business rules, algorithms, statistical models, and reporting tools.
- Recommend cost-effective changes to existing procedures and strategies. Work closely with clients, data stewards, and other business and technology leaders to frame problem definition and potential solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
10% Thought Leadership
- Provides thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools, and studies. Motivates team members and probes into technical details, and mentors others to do the same.
- Proven ability to lead and manage at senior levels without direct authority.
- Ability to communicate complex statistical and technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- Conduct training and knowledge transfer in data science.
- Offer advice and direction on data anomalies and issues.
15% Leadership and Development of Staff
- Directs the professional development of all team members, including managers, supervisors and analysts.
- Mentors team members in professional behavior, technical skills and communication skills.
- Communicates departmental, corporate and industry topics to ensure all team members are well prepared to be successful at their jobs.
- Enforces all departmental, corporate and regulatory policies.
- Provides performance assessments on a routine basis.
- Performs individual team administrative duties including status reporting, daily project time reporting, overseeing team budgets and financial reporting and self/peer/project assessments.
15% Communications and Organization Change Management
- Aligns business partners, vendors, and other IT Teams with risks, issues, needs and interdependencies.
- Works with corporate communications and HR to create and execute plans for training and change management. Holds educational workshops to explain roadmaps, and help stakeholders navigate complexity.
- This position will have de facto responsibility for up to 8 direct reports and additional indirect reports. Per company policy this consulting role will not have formal supervisory resource management duties but will direct others in a projectized and matrixed fashion.
- Ensure assignments are understood, seek assistance when needed, and complete assignments on schedule. Failure to accurately perform the job could have a negative impact on the accuracy of information used for key business decisions.
- Excellent communications skills including presenting, editing, and writing as well as accuracy and attention to detail are required.
- Incumbent may be working on corporate initiatives and/or key corporate imperatives such as: PCMH, Total Care and Cost Improvement (TCCI), SearchLight reporting, Provider Efficiency evaluations, HEDIS and quality measures reporting.
- Oversee internal/external audits, legal and regulatory requests.
- Work produced will have a high level of exposure among all levels of company management and/or external stakeholders and could directly or indirectly have financial impacts (e.g., data ultimately used in calculating provider payments).
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or a closely related field or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education
- 10+ years of experience in clinical data analysis and modeling is a must have
- Experience managing, mentoring, or leading others
TARGET RATE RANGE: $90/hr. range W2. Benefits available.
For consideration, please contact Melissa McNally via
ALTA IT Services, is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, specializing in Agile Transformation Services, Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, and Data & Advanced Analytics. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.