IT Project Manager (Hybrid – Cary, NC)
We are looking for a candidate with the below skills set mentioned and experience for one of our major clients within the telecommunications/infrastructure industry. This is a Hybrid position. This professional will be needed to be onsite at times at the Cary, NC office. The company will require contractors to work a hybrid schedule.
Interested candidates may share their updated resumes with Carolina – OMG Technologies.
The IT Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of the IT organization and business to ensure that the goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters. The incumbent is responsible for managing medium to large-sized project teams that deliver measurable business results by monitoring project activities, ensuring the quality and integrity of the information, and providing consistency in content, look and feel across the enterprise. The Senior IT Project Manager works closely with the assigned IT team and user community in determining how technology can assist them and what project methodology and strategy should be used to produce the most optimal results.
Position responsibilities will include the following:
- Participate in IT portfolio management activities, collaborating with both IT and business unit leaders.
- Partner with business managers and process owners to identify opportunities for process and system improvements, including initial development of business cases and scoping of projects.
- Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available departmental resources to various phases of the project.
- Manage medium to large-sized internal and external systems/application development projects within assigned areas from inception to successful implementation.
- Establish a work plan for each phase of the project and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Define realistic project objectives, scope, and level of effort.
- Develop project strategies and plans, and identify the methods (waterfall, agile, etc.) and tools required for the project.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Initiate projects, keep projects on track and on budget, and resolve issues with customers
monitor progress against plan.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle.
- Create status reports and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Present project status and risks/issues to IT and business leadership on a frequent cadence.
- Escalate any project issues including timing, budget, resources, scope, and more, to upper management in a timely manner.
- Collaborate closely with the Process Excellence team on enterprise-wide projects.
- Prepare project status reports and/or project portfolio summaries for management, business unit leaders, and IT management.
- Perform customer surveys ensuring customer satisfaction remains high.
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Work with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Ensure easy access to information that is useful to users.
- Lead the effort in creative approaches to problem-solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs.
- Adhere to best project management practices and methodologies.
- Assist in the mentoring of junior members of the project management team.
- Educate business management and leaders on IT project management best practices.
- Experience with Business Intelligence.
- Data Warehouse projects preferred.
- Some background with OBIEE or OAS (Oracle Analytics Server) preferred.
Other job specifications:
- Employment Type: W2 Position.
- Employment Length: 6+ months contracting with potential for extension (s).
- Job Location: This is a Hybrid role position. The consultant will be needed to be onsite at times at the Cary, NC office. Thus, local candidates are preferred. Candidates nearby the Cary, NC area. Office Location: 3500 Regency Parkway, Cary, NC 27518.
- Contract Rate: $55 - $58/hr. on W2, depending on experience.
Interested candidates may share their updated resumes with Carolina - OMG Technologies. Thank you.