NexGen is currently seeking an IT Project Manager to manage and lead the design, development, and maintenance of SharePoint infrastructure and Web-based multi-tier J2EE applications. We are searching for an individual with experience in project management and hands-on SharePoint development. This individual will be required to work closely with members of the NexGen’s and client’s teams, including but not limited to domain experts, and developers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manage transition, ramp-up, and ramp-down activities
- Manage overall project scope and resource to ensure an on-time on-budget delivery
- Preparation of the Project Management Plan addressing how to manage schedule, and risk
- Provide interface and be responsive in overall project communication
- Prepare and deliver status reports
- Participate in regular and ad hoc meetings regarding project delivery
- Participate in planning meetings as requested
- Prepare transition plans as necessary
- Define project scope and objectives
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Conduct project meetings and responsible for tracking and analysis
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team
- Recommend and take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems
- Bachelor of Science- Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline.
- At least two years in a hands-on technical lead/project management role
- Understanding of Object-Oriented concepts, design patterns, and modern application frameworks, including various MVC paradigms.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and have managed projects under Agile methodologies
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements:
- Experience in Java programming language (or other programming languages)
- Background in SharePoint design, development and implementation.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Blob Storage
- Experience in managing Federal Government IT projects using EVM techniques is highly desirable
- PMP Certification is a strong plus
- The candidate should also possess strong oral and written communication, problem-solving skills and should be a team player.
- The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
- ship or work-authorization