No sub-contracting ! Direct W/2 only ! Please see required skill list below
Must have degree
IT Project Manager
Task and required skills:
IT PROJECT MANAGER (CONTRACTOR) ROLE
This position provides project management to execute projects with in DS (Drug Substance) Manufacturing IT portfolio. As the IT Project Manager, your primary responsibilities include the planning, execution and monitoring of various IT projects with in the portfolio.
You are required to lead cross-functional IT teams in delivery of project goals while managing project scope, time, quality and costs. With a strong focus on partnership, the IT Project Manager is expected to align directly with our customers collocated globally for effective collaboration, trust and dependability. You are a great team player who works well with other IT professionals towards the common vision of delivering on solutions to enable the company in providing novel therapeutics to our patients.
PROJECT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides project management and business analysis for various applications requiring customer input using meeting facilitation to determine needs and develop solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects with various integration points
- Must serve as a backup and deputy to the Sr IT Project Manager
- Can concurrently manage 1 – 2 projects of diverse scope across functional areas
- Manages projects using the corporate IT Project Management Methodology (PMM) lifecycle with experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Creates and/or assists with required project documentation practices such as project charter, project plan, user requirements, functional specifications and validation plans
- Directs BSAs, Developers and SQA resources in the creation, testing and delivering of applications to support business requirements
- Manage a project team of approximately 5 people
- Manages project budgets, scheduling, planning and contractor resource assignment and track vendor and resources’ performance including billing against budget and contract
- Manage project statements of work (SOW), change requests, requests for proposal and other procurement activities in conjunction with IT planning teams as required
- Effectively communicates to stakeholders in verbal and written form
- Collaborates effectively with business, technical and validation resources, to ensure project delivery and on-going support of business services and applications
- Interact and influence local and global teams and stakeholders
- Report and interact directly with Sr Manager IT (DS Manufacturing IT) and update project progress on a weekly basis.
- 7 - 10 years of project management experience
- A professional focus on solution delivery and customer-service
- Experience in root cause analysis to help team remove roadblock to achieve project goals
- Ability to organize, prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects with various scopes simultaneously
- Ability to navigate between local and global teams, communicating and influencing accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to manage vendors, project teams and stakeholders at all levels, including directors and executives
- Advanced ability with office productivity tools (Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Google Apps, MS Project)
- Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk
- Previous experience working in Pharmaceutical and life sciences industry with exposure to GxP applications is preferred
- Experience in working GxP Validated projects with Computer System Validation knowledge.
- Must have experience executing projects using Agile software development based on iterative development.
- BS or BA degree in Information Systems.
- PMI PMP certification or equivalent preferred