Apex Systems has an immediate need for an IT Project Manager in Newport News , VA. If interested, please send resume to Leanne at Role: Sr. Agile Project Manager
Location: Newport News, VA
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for managing different initiatives & projects ranging in size, complexity, duration, risks factors and spend. The IT Project Manager will be held responsible for the timely completion and the quality of the work produced by the project teams that they manage.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Ensure the successful completion of assigned projects.
- Ensure that the project team members are aware of project milestones and deliverables.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Manage the scope of the projects.
- Resolve any issue that may hinder project success.
- Execute/implement the appropriate communications plan.
- Ensure that the appropriate processes and methodologies are followed.
- Maintain project documentation and metrics.
- Effectively lead the project team, maintaining good morale, etc.
- Manage appropriate levels of risk and budget reporting and tracking.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project schedule and communications.
Ideal candidate will have a background in:
- Minimum of 5 years' professional project management experience.
- Minimum 2 years Manhattan Associates experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an IT project environment.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in relevant IT roles.
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- Experience in a team lead or mentor/coach role.
- Experience with blended waterfall/agile delivery methodologies.
- Experience with applications development and deployment in a cloud environment.
- Familiar with software and systems development lifecycles.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Able to complete tasks and assignments with minimal supervision.
- Good leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge in project management software, processes and methodologies.
- Possess good, general business and technical knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of associates.
- Facilitation-able to work within a group/team environment.
- Planning and scheduling experience using project planning tools.
- Power BI (or comparable business intelligence tool)
- Jira (tracking tools, MS Project)
- Scrum/Kanban style
- Data Analytics Or Security projects
- Creating high level executive reports
- PMP preferred, experience will be considered in its absence
- Multi-tasking; may take on 2-3 projects at a time
- Oracle data experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or