Job Req #: #:
: IT Project ManagerLocation:
Boulder, COPosition Type:
Direct Hire Critical experience for this position are pharmaceutical/biotech indsutry experience, and multiple ERP implementations. EMPOWER, Unicorn or HIM app experience are plus skills. Please note that the client will not consider anyone who does not have Life Science/Biotech experience.
The role of the IT Project Manager is to manage cross functional teams responsible for delivering IT projects to the business. They will drive the successful completion of projects based on critical success factors, realizing positive outcomes and enabling organizational success. The PM will facilitate defining project outputs and requirements and then ensure they are delivered on time, within budget and more importantly with quality results. Managers will plan, organize, monitor and oversee multiple projects to meet sometimes difficult to define requirements. This role requires independent thinking, drive, and excellent communication skills. Managers must react to change productively and be ready to handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Develop, manage, update and communicate project status, progress, timelines, changes in schedule, scope changes, technical and/or quality issues to all relevant personnel in the company
- Facilitate sub teams and global project teams and ensure documented communication of meeting agendas and outputs, actions, issue and decisions
- Track project costs against allocated budget, manage external resources and partners to ensure project budgets are met
- Integrate efforts across functional teams/departments; with management he or she will determine project goals and priorities
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of projects objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that fosters peak performance; establish and publish clear priorities among project activities
- Identification of "out of scope" activities and management of scope changes and adjustments
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigating action; gather stakeholder input and rank the top project risks in terms of total impact
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables, mentor others in project management practices
- College Degree preferably in a technical subject with a minor or advanced business degree
- Project Management Professional certification (current or planned in immediate future)
- 8-10 years industry experience with at least 4-5 years specifically focused in Project Management with proven track record for managing projects
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as project plans, status reports, timelines, communication plans and risk management plans
- Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope, and quality while bringing project to completion within time requirements
- Proficiency in project management software tools (MS Project/Primavera Project Planner)
Senior Technical Recruiter/Recruiting Manager
303-694-5493 About Ascent:
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG s candidates and experience the difference!