The City of Manassas Park is accepting applications for the position of IT Project Manager. The essential function of the position within the organization is to act as the primary focal point for the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform implementation and life cycle management of this asset and application for the City of Manassas Park. While this position reports to the Information Technology (IT) Department Head, it has direct access and accountability to the City Manager and City leadership for communicating all ERP system performance and implementation related issues. This position will be responsible for ERP vendor interface for the current and new ERP platform and work with the vendor to troubleshoot and mitigate ERP platform related problems and issues. This position will act as the primary project manager of any new ERP platform implementation and will support the City staff in developing proficiency in the use of the ERP System.
All positions at the City of Manassas Park require a customer service mindset, in accordance with the Customer Service related focus of the City.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent analytical skills – effective at working with most forms of data and databases.
- Ability to research and compile data, conduct analysis, and provide sound recommendations to support a data driven decision-making approach.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and applications and has working knowledge of how ERP module configurations and data flows and has ability to translate City’s requirements to ERP vendors.
- Conflict management and problem resolution skills – ability to identify, confront, and work through complex issues with vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills – effective written and verbal communicator, presenter and influencer.
- Ability to prepare charts, graphs, and other presentation content to effectively communicate operational performance and other information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with diverse population of functional departments around ERP system design and utilization expectations.
- Ability to facilitate, support and reinforce internal training plans and metrics using vendor and general industry content.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, rules, standards, and conventions sufficient to understand how data is organized and properly utilized in ERP platform.
- Project management skills including ability to organize and manage tasks, deliverable milestones, and project priorities, work plans, change management activities, and kick off meetings, progress reports, and stakeholder interactions.
- Ability to discover, document, and articulate work flows and business processes and facilitate efforts to improve or add new work flows and business processes.
- Knowledge of basic information technology architecture, operations, and familiarity with software application deployment and integration.
- Ability to create and maintain system and end user documentation.
Minimum Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or other Science, along with 3+ years of business experience involving project management, ERP system implementation or administration, data management, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skill, and abilities.
- Previous experience with Keystone, Bright, or Tyler Munis is desired, but not required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia driver’s license.
The City of Manassas Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Manassas Park will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
- Requires sedentary work involving sitting, standing or walking for brief periods, and some dexterity in operating office equipment.
- The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, speaking and color perception.
- Some tasks may require the ability to exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Performance of duties may require exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, temperature and noise extremes, hazardous materials, machinery, traffic hazards, toxic agents and/or animal/wildlife attacks.