Project Manager II - (210001Z0)
- The Project Manager II owns transformational project(s) that enable the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Orchestrates business and technology stakeholders using consultative skills.
- Combines disciplines of program/project management, system development, and organizational change management to define optimal approaches.
- Engages leaders across the enterprise to define success factors, scope, and contributing departments. Ensures project stakeholders and team members have clear understanding of project objectives and their respective roles.
- Develops the solution delivery approach collaboratively with business and technology domain experts.
- Facilitates the evaluation of alternatives to achieve the results of the project.
- Produces deliverables to support effective communication, monitoring, and control. Integrates the knowledge of domain experts to create project forecasts (resources, time, and budget).
- Involves all contributing organizations in planning and gains commitments to deliver as a matrixed project team.
- Leads the planning and execution of complex projects, often involving multiple deployments to achieve expected results.
- Establishes working partnerships across business functions, internal technology delivery teams, systems integrators, and service providers as a cohesive team. Team members are aware of their expected contributions to the project.
- Incorporates product quality assurance as a continuous focus in parallel with solution development. Ensures preparation for solution adoption and operational support is thorough for successful transition and sustainability in operation. Adapts to changes and utilizes knowledge gained as the project progresses to improve plans. Applies project budget, schedule, and resource forecasts to maintain an accurate representation of how the team will complete the project. Monitors fulfillment of responsibilities and actual results to implement mitigation plans that preserve success factors. Implements effective analysis and communication methods to maintain expectations of project team, stakeholders, sponsors, and executive leadership.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify)
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration
- 10+ years leading projects
- Driving prioritization and alternatives analysis
- Accountability for project profit/loss
- Managing initiatives with Executive-level steering committees
- Holding vendors accountable to fulfill contractual obligations
- Delivery within enterprises that integrate a combination of internal shared services, cloud services, software as a service
- Software and infrastructure projects in combination with business process transformation
- Communication planning and design for large stakeholder groups
- Project performance metrics, governance, and change management
- Documenting complex business and/or system processes and component interdependencies
- Establishing project team processes and adoption/adherence
- Managing contributions of systems integrators, and/or third party solution providers
- Strategic roadmap development and integration
Knowledge and Skills:
- Project management processes, methods, and their integration
- Waterfall, iterative, and agile solution delivery
- Conflict identification, resolution, and negotiating compromise
- Management of integrated program and project objectives
- Baselining, variance analysis, and change management
- Forecasting and enterprise resource capacity planning
- Interpretation of information across several projects
- Executive level and subject matter expert communication
- Analytical techniques to identify trends and produce aggregate representations
- General business management and process knowledge
- Strong command of IT terminology (e.g., application development, technology infrastructure, information security, and IT service management)
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Expert in Microsoft Project, Excel, and Visio
- Familiar with enterprise project portfolio management (PPM) products