Clover Consulting has an immediate need for an experienced IT Project Manager for our direct client located in Dearborn, MI or Grand Rapids, MI. This is a 6-12 month contract or contract-to-hire position. Requirement details are listed below. Qualified candidates should apply to this posting. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
*** US Citizens, Green Card Holders and others NOT requiring sponsorship are encouraged to apply **
Title: Project Manager
Location: Dearborn, MI or Grand Rapids, MI
Length: 6-12 months++
- Manages large complex/multiple projects in assigned department.
- Manages the plan, design, development, implementation and/or support of complex mainframe and/or distributed information systems or corporate projects.
- Develops business models, cost/benefit analysis, and recommends strategies.
- Coordinates project activities and resources with other company initiatives.
- Coordinates and defines technical/business requirements needed to complete project objectives and translates requirements to detailed specifications including budgetary projections.
- Ensures functional, business and/or technical design supports project/customer requirements and complies with clients technology plan and existing architecture and/or defined corporate business standards. Negotiates contracts with outside vendors and manages vendor relationships.
- Provides guidance and training to team members and identifies opportunities to improve team performance and effectiveness.
- May provide guidance to project team leaders in defining measurements and measurement tools to track the achievement of project objectives.
- Assists Project/Program/Portfolio Directors and Managers in ensuring systems and/or business plans are developed and documented in accordance with quality control standards.
- Prepares project status reports and variance analysis to ensure project remains on schedule and within budget.
- Evaluates project's success at completion of project based on achievement of benefits and value proposition assessment.
- Defines personnel in the development of project charters, value propositions, risk action plans, work plans and estimates for large complex projects and serves as a subject matter expert and consultant to mentor/coach team leaders in the use of project management concepts, tools and techniques.
• 5-7 years' IT Project Management experience
• Hands on Web Application project management and Agile Delivery – driving deliverables, getting things done and in detail enough to speak intelligently about what is being delivered
and articulate issues, defects and resolutions.
• PM experience with software development
• Managed project budgets in excess of $2M
• Managed projects with 30+ team members
• Must have a Web development background or have significant experience in Web application development, and moved into a project management role
• Managed project teams over multiple geographical locations (preferably domestic and international)
• Strong writing skills
• Very organized and articulate
• Strong business acumen
• Analytical problem solving skills
- Mainframe, distributed system and/or Web based systems
- Operating systems
- Enterprise wide technology/business planning issues
- Development of user requirements, testing and systems analysis
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify):
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration and a minimum of three years project leadership/management experience; or