Our client is seeking a Project Manager with Application and Infrastructure project experience for medium to large sized enterprise projects of moderate to high complexity and risk in a fast-paced, hybrid environment. Client will only consider lo cal candidates. Client set the pay rate at $55.00/hr. The contract will continue yearly its indefinite.
Complete Description for the Project Manager:
The client has embarked on a multi-year initiative to modernize the existing environment to a more current and cost effective distributed environment. It will involve replacing existing Legacy business applications with COTS products or internally developed applications.
The position, assigned to the Project Management Office, will direct and coordinate project activities, including but not limited to:
- Schedule development and maintenance
- Resource tracking
- Risk management
- Communications management
- Quality management
- Vendor management
Primary duties will be to manage all aspects of the project following PMI best practices and the internal Project Management Methodology.
Successful candidates will be accomplished project managers who have directed and successfully managed, from start to finish, complex, technology projects with aggressive timelines.
Required Skills of the Project Manager:
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum.
- Demonstrated success managing large complex programs/projects utilizing multiple delivery methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, SCRUM, Kanban)
- Documented recent experience in: o Business requirements gathering. o Business process documentation. o full Systems Development Life Cycle and Testing Methodologies
- Candidates must have managed at least two full lifecycle projects (initiation through deployment/warranty) with project teams in excess of 10 team members, and must have had FULL end-to-end accountability for the project management role.
- Demonstrated experience managing IT projects that impact across the enterprise -Experience must be related to software application development and implementation.
- Experience collaborating with vendor partners in the delivery of project solutions required.
- Well-developed communication skills - oral, written, listening
- Good analytical and negotiation skills, and close attention to detail. Must have excellent leadership, interpersonal, and motivation skills.
- Expert level knowledge of standard PM tools (MS Project Professional, Sharepoint, Visio, MS Office Suite
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum Required
- IT process and methodology (waterfall, agile, scrum) Required 7 Years
- Business analysis Required
- Integration planning and strategy Required
- Managed at least two full lifecycle projects (initiation through deployment/warranty) with project teams in excess of 10 team members Required 7 Years
- Project Server/Project Online Nice to have 7 Years
- Vendor management Required 7 Years
- COTS product implementation Required 7 Years
- Expert level knowledge of standard PM tools (MS Project Professional, Sharepoint) Required 7 Years
- Well-developed communication skills - oral, written, listening.
- Good analytical and negotiation skills, and close attention to detail Highly desired
- Scrum or agile certification Highly desired
- Bachelor's degree in related field or specialized training Required
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".