Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
As a Project Manager for the BTS Governance team, you will be responsible for managing a variety of projects related to Security and IT Governance & Compliance. Key projects will include the tracking of development team's compliance to security standards and procedures and tracking remediation efforts on findings from a variety of security testing efforts. You will be regularly collaborating with other BTS Governance team members as well business and development teams across the company. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of project execution - including developing schedules to ensure timely completion of projects, resolving, or mitigating issues and risks, and communicating project status and issues to the team and management. * Remote work available, open to remote candidates. Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications and Skills
- Oversee multiple projects and manage the day-to-day operational aspects of multiple projects.
- Develop project deliverables including project plans, schedules, and status reports.
- Facilitate meetings including preparing agendas and coordinating schedules and materials, documenting meeting minutes, following-up on action items; gathering, organizing and distributing project related documentation.
- Participate in the creation and execution of project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Conduct risk monitoring and controls during a project's duration to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes on time.
Additional Qualification and Skills
- BS/BA preferred or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years or more of experience directly related to project management.
- At least 5 years or more of experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Detail oriented, possessing strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong analytical skills as well as ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate project status to team, business owners, and management throughout the duration of the assignment to make certain all impacted stakeholders understand risks, issues and activities related to the project.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to confront issues openly and quickly and tactfully communicate sensitive information.
- Listen to others and accept input from team members.
(not required, but a plus)
- PMP Certificate, CSM (Certified Scrum Master), and/or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification
- Experience in Title Insurance and/or Mortgage industry
- Experience with Information Security Policies and Procedures
- Experience with IT Governance, Control and Compliance
- Experience with working closely with technical resources
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.