The IT Project Manager is responsible for driving projects to completion by organizing and coordinating projects from start to finish. He or she will have a strong focus on providing elite client service to team members both inside and outside the project team. They will have attention to detail in all of their interactions and be able to demonstrate servant leadership to their team. Strong communication is essential in this role.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOURequired:
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Coordinate and work with others on the project to ensure quality and timely delivery
- Ability to understand project details and communicate to stakeholders as needed
- Proactively manage project scope, identify potential risks and issues, and have the ability to manage as needed
- Ability to be adaptive to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ensure requirements and tasks are captured for the projects you support
- Work closely and communicate regularly with technical leads on work
- Collaborate with project team members to set and continually manage project expectations
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Identify and manage project dependencies
- Coach, mentor, motivate and support project team members; influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience managing projects
- Ability to work dynamically with shifting priorities
- College degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of of Agile practices (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Working knowledge of JIRA or similar tool
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to motivate and negotiate
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It's no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- Indoor/outdoor cafe with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!