We are looking for a Project Manager to manage multiple IT projects for the financial services company in North Austin area. Ideal candidate would work as both the project manager and business analyst on various small and large project initiatives.
The Project Manager has overall responsibility for managing scope, budget, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors.
- Leads the most complex projects ensuring project tasks are assigned and completed through assigned project staff (utilizing traditional waterfall and/or agile methodologies as required).
- Performs facilitated planning sessions to build consensus among project team members regarding task definitions, task sequencing and task interrelationships within the project. Based on the finding from these sessions, creates, reviews, and updates program schedules, supporting documents and corresponding project management plans.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met.
- Analyzes business needs and works with stakeholders to propose and deliver cost effective solutions
- Manages the development, implementation, and maintenance of project management policies, standards, procedures in compliance with state, federal regulations and standards.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business, Technology or similar field or equivalent experience.
- 5 -10 years of IT Project Management or similar practice area experience.
- Proficiency in using project management and process improvement tools - Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Rally, VersionOne, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes.
PMP certification preferred
Certified Scrum Master and/or PMI-ACP