What you’ll be doing…
The IT Project Manager’s primary responsibility will include, analysis, planning and management of IT Infrastructure and operations projects. You will work with internal teams and 3rd party vendors during the planning, design, and implementation phases of projects to insure projects achieve goals, maintain standards, and maximize resource effectiveness. You will be responsible for writing and maintaining documentation such as project charters, project schedules, RFP documents, updates to design specifications, and operations documentation. The position requires project management or project coordination experience, and the ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Ideal candidates will have backgrounds in IT infrastructure and IT Operations.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
Who you are…
- Manage the planning, execution and control for multiple projects as assigned.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Meet with and receive feedback from project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Represent and enforce Corp IT Infrastructure design infrastructure standards and requirements. Work closely with Infrastructure engineering on continuous improvements to our standards and process.
- Plan, coordinate, and track Corporate IT Infrastructure pre-requisites are ready for Implementation Engineers.
- Provide planning for and execution coordination during operations maintenance windows.
- Writing and maintaining documentation such as project charters, project schedules, updates to design specifications, operations documentation, and user guides etc.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of operational and deployment processes.
- Experienced. 5 years of technology experience with hands-on roles in IT project management, infrastructure operations, IT administration, or engineering. Technical experience with systems networking, databases, development, and user support preferred. Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Results oriented. Strong project management skills with effective results focus within an information systems environment.
- Performer. Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities; Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Flexible. Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours. Willingness to travel internationally occasionally to support projects globally.
- Domain. A passion for data, reporting, and working with Tableau's own products
- Team Player. Willingness to jump in where and when you are needed, and the experience and professionalism required to meet your objectives.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.