TCI has an immediate need for an IT Project Manager in Fort Knox, KY. This is not a Corp2Corp opportunity. This is a long term contract opportunity with the possibility of hire. In addition to competitive, market-rate based pay, TCI provides all our Consultants with Comprehensive Medical/Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
Please Note: This position requires Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship due to the necessary DoD Security Clearance that is required.
We are offering an excellent long term contract opportunity with our government sector client on the Fort Knox, KY Military Campus. If you enjoy a collaborative and creative work environment, this is a great opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing IT team. Promoting from within is a routine best practice in an environment where individuals are encouraged to advance their careers.
The IT Project Manager will manage the project team and customer project delivery for IT solutions throughout the organization.
- Leads project planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting activities for projects.
- Contributes to project estimation process.
- Integrates and uses specific industry tools and methodologies. Ensures adherence to requirements as directed by the client. Controls project requirements, scope and change management issues.
- Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria in accordance with organization s ITIL, ISO, CMMI and Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Manages changes in operational plan.
- Coaches and advises team members to accomplish project goals, to meet established schedules and resolve technical/operational issues.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates a cross-functional team s activities to manage and implement significant new development project and/or interrelated programs from concept/proposal initial to final operational stage.
- Coordinate and communicate with Programmers, Analyst and Systems Contractors on job triggering, job dependencies, job requirements, job schedules and job overrides.
- Minimum five (5) years of Industry Knowledge. Prior military and Army Recruiting experience would be considered a plus.
- Experience providing technical services with primary focus on IT Infrastructure projects.
- Four years of experience in monitoring and maintaining project schedules.
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge required.
- Candidate must currently possess a DoD Secret Security clearance or have the ability to get obtain one prior to start. TCI will assist with the application process and/or clearance transfers.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment preferred but not required.