IT Project Manager
The IT Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific IT projects. Performs a broad range of project management duties directly related to these projects including customer requirements definition, systems analysis, facilitating business process re-engineering activities, development of project plan and approach, project communications, change and risk management, vendor management, and other project management duties as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, plans, and implements both short and long-range project plans to meet organizational objectives in alignment with PMI and PMBOK
- Directs and coordinates activities of project teams to ensure projects and operations are on schedule, within prescribed budget and in alignment with organizational objective
- Develops and reviews project proposals to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project
- Manages the RFP process for the department
- Prepares system documentation pertaining to policies, procedures, hardware and software
- Develops and maintains IT Project Management process documentation and standard operating procedures for the department
- Prepares project and status reports for management and staff
- Reviews status of the project team, modifies schedules, plans and strategies as required
- Ensures product-related training and documentation are developed and provided to appropriate staff
- Facilitates the creation of project charters and task planner
- Implements and manages project changes to achieve project objectives
- Acts as single point of contact for assigned IT projects
- Assembles and coordinates project staff including internal resources and outside vendors
- Provides direction and support to the internal project team and outside vendors
- Confers with employees and project teams to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Communicates with the project team to outline plans and schedules, and to assign duties, responsibilities, and identify any risks/issues
- Continually monitors and reports on status of the projects to all stakeholders
- Prepares written project proposals, plans, status reports and other related project documents in the IT Service Management System
- Ensure service level commitments are met to internal and external customers
- All client employees must model and demonstrate the Client Values at all times during the course of employment; to include: Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Respect and Excellence
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration and at least five years of project management experience working in a customer service-oriented environment.
- Must have experience with current Microsoft desktop operating systems, current Microsoft Office suite, and the proper use of personal computers and related computer hardware.
- A current PMP certification is preferred. Experience and training in ITIL with ITIL Foundations Certification preferred.
- CJIS certified or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of employment.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the PMI or equivalent project management methodology
- Strong knowledge of project management concepts, principles, practices, techniques, and tools with progressive project management experience
- Working Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Strong knowledge of the terminology, principles and methods utilized within the Information Technology field
- Strong Knowledge of project risk management techniques
- Strong Knowledge of project management software tools and templates
- Knowledge of general business fundamentals
- Skill in utilizing computer hardware, software tools, applications and techniques to meet user requirements
- Skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities and establishing schedules
- Ability to direct and coordinate project team members without any supervisory authority over individuals.
- Ability to communicate technical solutions with language easily understood by all levels of the organization
- Ability to listen to customers' needs and help formulate project requirements
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects
- Ability to take initiative and work without direction
- Ability to apply creativity to resolve conflict and solve problems
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive records and documents related to projects