**All resumes will remain strictly confidential. US required due to federal government contract requirements.
The Transmission Technology (TT) Work Planning & Delivery (TTBP) org is responsible for providing Transmission technology support services including work planning & delivery; procurement and vendor management; and process management reporting to the Internal Operations Manager. Procurement and vendor management support services include IT/OT acquisition, COR support, contract tracking and measurement, vendor performance tracking, and vendor quality assurance, Additional support services include Demand and Capacity management, business relationship management, business systems analysis, requirements management, portfolio governance, TT project lifecycle delivery, project management support and project performance reporting. Members of this team are collaborative, self-directed and motivated and dedicated to Organization’s mission.
Note: All official drafts, documents and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate Organization manager or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- Provide project management expertise and support and facilitate Organization manager-assigned Control Center IT project or projects, from beginning to end, providing expert guidance on the PMI-based project management methodology, best practices, and internal skill development as requested by and with guidance from the Organization manager, team lead or other personnel with the authority to do so, including:
- Identify and request necessary subject matter experts needed during the project.
- Forecast and recommend / request appropriate project resources to fulfill project needs; recommended resource requests must be submitted to, coordinated with and approved/provided by appropriate Organization Performance Managers.
- Collaborate with business units and Organization Performance Managers to resolve resource allocation issues.
- Schedule and facilitate project team meetings.
- Recommend an overall roadmap of efforts required to achieve program initiatives and project objectives.
- Provide recommendations regarding project expectations, approach, roadmaps, work plans, deliverables and goals.
- Draft project plans, resource strategies and funding estimates required to advance each assigned project / defined effort.
- Alert Organization manager of and obtain appropriate authorization for any potential changes to project cost, schedule or performance.
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate the work of project team(s) and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects, includes recommending project stages and assessing business implications for each stage.
- Monitor progress of assigned projects to track timelines, milestones, deadlines, standards and targets, alerting appropriate Organization manager / personnel of any obstacles / potential delays to project timelines, targets or success; provide corrective action recommendations.
- Coordinate activities for assigned projects that enable goals or objectives to be accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters, escalating concerns to appropriate Organization manager / personnel.
- Collaborate with Organization manager and internal stakeholders to facilitate the tasks and activities of project team(s) and to properly understand related business needs, dependencies on other initiatives, and how best to effectively deploy end products.
- With Organization manager / personnel assistance and guidance, address and navigate politically sensitive issues in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Provide background information, technical input, options and recommendations for project decisions as requested by Organization manager / personnel; work with appropriate parties to facilitate resolution of conflicting team positions.
- Issue project status reports on a regular or as requested basis.
- Maintain consistent communication with project sponsors, performance managers, and clients on the progress of the project vis-a-vis the work plan.
- Collaborate and work with project sponsors and Organization performance managers to remove obstacles impacting timely project completion.
- Draft a final project report, including project “lessons-learned”, for appropriate Organization management review and approval / acceptance.
- Take a pro-active stance on project risk management by:
- Anticipating and identifying potential areas of risk and obtaining guidance from appropriate Organization manager or Contracting Officer.
- Tracking, monitoring and facilitating resolution of issues and risks identified within the projects, as well as compliance related dependencies.
- Maintaining issue, risk, and/or action logs.
- Developing, drafting and recommending contingency plans to minimize / eliminate risks on an ongoing basis for review and approval / acceptance by appropriate Organization manager / personnel.
- Communicate regularly with executive sponsors, key stakeholders, strategic partners, and Organization managers independently and in team meetings.
- Support and facilitate the following functions:
- Written and verbal sponsor communication.
- Project team communications and coordination.
- Inter-project team communications and coordination.
- Issues and risk management.
- Coordination with IT resources.
- Coordination with the program enterprise architect.
- Team meeting and sponsor meeting management.
- Support and facilitate the following deliverables:
- Scope Definition and Management.
- Implement Organizational Design and Change Management with respect to a culture resistant to change.
- Process and System Design requirements.
- Communication and project management best practice gap analysis.
- When necessary, facilitate the successful transition of a project or program of projects to another project manager including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required to bring the new project manager fully up to speed on all critical aspects of the work and introduce them to executive sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and assist Organization management with transitions of identified project resources as needed. This may include gathering information from departing/transitioning resources to identify subject matter expertise, documenting workloads, identifying training requirements to facilitate smooth transitions.
Education & Corresponding Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Technology, Engineering or a related technical discipline is required.
- Level 2: 5 – 9 years of experience in Computer/Information Technology or related field; typically responsible for medium-sized projects (more than $500K lifecycle cost to $2M lifecycle cost). Note: in lieu of degree, or degree not in applicable field, additional 4 years’ experience [9-13 years total] may be substituted at requesting manager's discretion. (NOTE: “Typically” as it refers to project size is determined by an average of the workers assigned projects and also includes the complexity, visibility and sensitivity of the projects within the past year and is not based on a single project funding amount. All documentation should clearly identify the worker as a Project Manager “contracted” to Organization and include the name of the worker’s employer.)
- Experience should include project management of IT network infrastructure related projects and applications integrations projects using industry standard methods and tools for managing schedules, dependencies, resources, funding and developing technical specifications and project plans for medium-sized projects (more than $500k to $2M lifecycle cost).
- 5+ years of direct project management experience is required
Required Technical Skills & Experience
- Advanced skills with MS Project to include fundamental operation, function, and workflow of MS Project with regard to timelines, dependencies, project expectations, milestones, and resources.
- Ability to manage IT Network Infrastructure projects and/or Applications Integrations projects in accordance with industry project management principles.
- Knowledge of IT Network Infrastructure planning, functional and technical specifications, and system life-cycle management.