The McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia is seeking a project manager and training coordinator. This position is responsible for assisting with project management in the IT department as well as serving as a training and Learning Management System (LMS) resource for the school. Competitive applicants will be an accomplished technology professional with notable experience in the private, public, and/or nonprofit sectors. A strong candidate also should have extensive knowledge of the academic environment and a track record of performance in project management and training development, with an emphasis on knowledge of effective delivery of training using a learning management system (LMS). The mission and goal of the office of Information Technology is improving process and project management for technology projects at a departmental and school level. Standardization of training resources (including the McIntire portal and the LMS) represents a strategic goal for the school. The IT unit offers an interactive, engaged, and flexible environment with great opportunities for collaboration and high-tech skill development.
The University of Virginia is one of the highest ranked public universities in the United States, and the McIntire School of Commerce (www.commerce.virginia.edu) awards a Bachelor of Science in Commerce, and Master of Science degrees in the Management of Information Technology, Business Analytics, Commerce, Accounting, and Global Commerce. McIntire is recognized for excellence and innovation in undergraduate and graduate business education and scholarship. The McIntire School is dedicated to educate and inspire students to become visionary leaders who shape global business with integrity, purpose, intercultural fluency and a fundamental understanding of how commerce can contribute to the common good for all. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and welcome diversity in all forms.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of related experience in IT project management OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful experience managing effective teams characterized by trust, open communication, and shared goals;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to relate well to the career and educational needs of college students, faculty, and staff
- Experience with project costing and budgeting
- Experience being a part of a community that focuses on a quest for excellence
- Building diversity and instilling values related to equity and inclusion demonstrated ability to work successfully with multiple constituencies and within layered governance structures
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving abilities
- Success in the customer service culture
- A master's degree in a related field (Information technology or Instructional Design)
- Experience in instructional design.
- Previous experience in the education environment
- Project management certifications
- Some experience with LMS administration, including Canvas and D2L
Anticipated hiring range $60,000 - $80,000
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physicians Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.