Qualified candidates must be able to work with developers in performing system testing activities. Candidates must also be knowledgeable of and experienced with Web Application software design and development environments, developing test plans and procedures, perform tests of software functionality, performance, security and usability. The individual we seek must have strong functional testing experience, critical thinking and analysis skills, and excellent communications skills. The qualified candidate should be aggressive, independent, and Quality-Assurance minded, who is willing to say *no* to the defects and bugs, and to be responsible for the overall quality of the products for which we are delivering. They will also help to develop and promote standard procedures for the overall Quality-Assurance process.
- Possess proven experience in writing test plans and building test cases based upon system requirements. May also be required to build test data sets.
- Perform system tests according to approved test plan
- Write test summaries and test problem reports
- Regularly participate in control gate activities
- Apply approved technical approaches to testing to ensure that applications are evaluated in an analytical and systematic manner
- Have experience or the understanding of structured Software Development Life Cycle methodologies such as CMMI or Six-Sigma
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of build scripts
- Responsible for daily builds of source code versions as well as hotfix and patches.
- Responsible for the deployment and execution of build packages.
- Create and maintain utilities and tools to support the build and packaging process
- Minimum 3 years of software testing
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or other IT related field.
- Experience in and understanding of system requirements documents, determination of appropriate verification methods, development of test plans and test cases, experience evaluating software requirements, performing system test, and writing test summaries and reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience working with several projects or tasks simultaneously, and strong organizational skills
- Sound knowledge of Quick Test Professional automated testing tool.
- Experience managing deployments to Application Servers.
- Strong understanding of build management dependency and resolution.
- Knowledge of branching, labeling, permissions, directory structure management and file merging a must.
- Knowledge of security testing a plus.
The qualified candidate should be experienced in at least three of the following:
- .NET framework
- C++, C#, Java, ColdFusion
- Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
- UNIX Command line, shell
- Version control systems
- Test planning
- Complex functional (business logic) testing
- Requirements analysis
1941 Roland Clarke Place Reston, VA, 20191Contact