If you are a team player, open minded and able to collaborate well with others, this is a great opportunity for you. In this role the Quality Assurance Tester would be a team member on multiple agile teams. The tester has the aptitude to adapt their existing testing experience, apply relevant test methods and techniques to support continuous development life cycle. This resource would be juggling with conflicting priorities, so ability to understand the requirements is extremely important. While being a team member, this individual should be able to work independently. We believe that a good tester also finds opportunities to automate and is capable of automating tasks as frequently as possible.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to plan testing effort and share it with project stakeholders.
- Create and execute end-to-end functional tests.
- Document and automate repeated testing tasks with Selenium.
- Communicate defects to developers and other stakeholders.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues and defects.
- Help business stakeholders define understandable and testable user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work and share information with other team members.
- When needed, perform tests of functionality, security, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with legacy and/or external systems.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Experience with Selenium test automation.
- Experience with planning and executing performance tests, is a plus.
- Experience with a test management tool (like ALM, JIRA, Smartbear’s QAComplete),
- Hands on experience with VersionOne and Microsoft Office suite.
- Experiences in Quality Management Processes and SDLC
- Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software solution being tested
- MVC Architecture
- .net framework
- SQL Queries
- Software Quality Assurance related certifications like CSTE, CSQA, ISTQB are a plus.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of SmartBear QAComplete is a plus.
- Provides a climate for motivation and support.
- Ability to appropriately delegate tasks.
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum development process.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for enhancement and continuous improvement.
- Ability to represent complex ideas in a simple, easy to understand manner to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to establish and manage processes and practices through collaboration and the understanding of business.