About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG's Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG's Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
The Release Manager will work in a dynamic high-profile legacy modernization project. The releases will be complex on an enterprise scale will multiple stakeholders across business, IT department, System Integration Vendor, and others. The Release Manager will be responsible for smooth go-live of this project and will be focal point of coordination and collaboration for post-production period. This position will be responsible for production environment and assure its code-base to be tested and free from emergency defects. The ideal candidate would have worked on a project of large size (over $50million and with thousands of users) and would have overseen the go-live on that project. The candidate will have good background in Microsoft Tools like Team Foundation Server. The candidate will analyze, define, monitor, develop, deploy, configure, and communicate all processes and tools for Releasement Management.
• Define and deploy releases as they move from inception to deployment. Ensure the releases are clearly communicated and scope is managed.
• Review and verify accuracy of testing results and exit criteria with system SMEs and Stakeholders
• Facilitate go-no-go decisions for production releases with project leadership.
• Facilitate builds and deployments of software in testing and production environments
• Facilitate testing and implementation of upcoming releases.
• Manage troubleshooting of application, server, and system related incidents in emergency system outages in production
• Participate in Release Planning Meetings, Sprint Planning and Product Demos
• Work with other Leads such as Lead Developers, System Architects, Lead Testers, Implementation Leads and Senior Project Leadership
• Facilitate review and configure of Software to meet acceptance criteria outlined in System Development Processes
1. At least three (3) consecutive years release management leadership experience supporting large enterprise systems or government Pension systems. Duties must have included the following:
• Facilitated change management relationships between the Change and Release management team and technical production operations and development teams.
• Operated at an advisory level, consistently interacting with IT and line-of-business senior management to improve Release management processes.
2. At least 3 years of hands-on experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server to manage releases.
3. At least 3 years of experience in the last ten (10) years demonstrating working across various technical platforms-Applications Middleware, and Infrastructure.
4. Experience developing and executing rollback and recovery mechanisms for deployments in one or more large projects during the last 3 years.
Required Education / Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology from an accredited university or at least ten (10) years of code deployment and environment support in multi-staged environments that include user acceptance, performance, pre-production, and disaster recovery environments.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of business functions performed by pension organizations including but not limited to:
o Pension Administration
o Public Retirement Benefits
o Information Technology
• Familiarity with the Sagitec solution known as Neospin and previous experience working on a Neospin implementation or equivalent Microsoft-based COTS product like MS Dynamics
• Experience with pension industry commercial off the shelf (COTS) products required for
transformation project success, with preference for knowledge with the Neospin framework or equivalent Microsoft .NET based framework.
• Experience coordinating with remote data centers and disaster recovery sites.
• Experience planning and coordinating performance testing activities.
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with technical staff and other project managers.
• Ability to develop detailed technical project schedules.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification.
• Working in teams with diverse skill sets in multiple locations, including offshore
• Bring experience with many types of technologies and delivering out-of-the-box thinking and creative problem-solving possibilities
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.