A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It-s a career journey you can be proud of, and you-ll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune-s World-s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses -Be Good At Life.- To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
The First Line IT Control, Risk & Issue Management Senior Associate will sit within the Office of the BIO within Enterprise Technology and will be responsible for the day to day IT coordination activities (e.g., validating evidence gathered, IT issue management, assisting control owners in identifying key risks) on Internal/External Audits, MAR/SOX, Regulatory Agencies, External Clients and Rating Agencies as well as reporting on status of IT issues.
He/she will work closely with the Second Line of Defense (IT Compliance Coordination Function) to coordinate issue management, evidence gathering, and to assist with management responses for IT issues.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for day to day activities within the First Line Control, Risk and Issue Management function
- Develop and refine the governance model in place for the First Line Control, Risk and Issue Management function to ensure successful delivery of key services.
- Assist Technology management with issues and actions plans, to ensure risk remediation activities are being addressed in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the IT Compliance Coordination function on preparing and delivering IT issue status reporting to senior leadership
- Responsible for evidence gathering and validation for issue remediation and Audit/MAR-SOX/Regulatory requests.
- Develop and document related risks and controls for identified IT issues
- Coordinate with MAR/SOX team to identify evidence requirements and prepare appropriate plans to obtain and validate evidence on an ongoing basis
- 3+ years IT Audit (internal or external) experience, preferably in a financial institution setting;
- Expert knowledge and skillset in audit standards, procedures, ITGCs and application controls
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good project management, planning, and organization skills
- Management experience preferred
- CISA, CRISC, CISM, or CISSP preferred
- Direct Experience in control testing preferred
- Prior experience in a IT risk / audit function
- Experience in system implementations preferred
- MBA or Masters in accounting, business, or information technology
SF:LI-KV1 EOE M/F/D/V
- If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811. Date:
Sat, 17 11 2018 00:00:00 GMT Department: