New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody-s Aaa; Standard & Poor-s AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company-s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The First Line IT Control, Risk & Issue Management Senior Associate will sit within the Office of the BIO within Enterprise Technology and will be responsible for the day to day IT coordination activities (e.g., validating evidence gathered, IT issue management, assisting control owners in identifying key risks) on Internal/External Audits, MAR/SOX, Regulatory Agencies, External Clients and Rating Agencies as well as reporting on status of IT issues.
He/she will work closely with the Second Line of Defense (IT Compliance Coordination Function) to coordinate issue management, evidence gathering, and to assist with management responses for IT issues.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for day to day activities within the First Line Control, Risk and Issue Management function
- Develop and refine the governance model in place for the First Line Control, Risk and Issue Management function to ensure successful delivery of key services.
- Assist Technology management with issues and actions plans, to ensure risk remediation activities are being addressed in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the IT Compliance Coordination function on preparing and delivering IT issue status reporting to senior leadership
- Responsible for evidence gathering and validation for issue remediation and Audit/MAR-SOX/Regulatory requests.
- Develop and document related risks and controls for identified IT issues
- Coordinate with MAR/SOX team to identify evidence requirements and prepare appropriate plans to obtain and validate evidence on an ongoing basis
- 3+ years IT Audit (internal or external) experience, preferably in a financial institution setting;
- Expert knowledge and skillset in audit standards, procedures, ITGCs and application controls
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good project management, planning, and organization skills
- Management experience preferred
- CISA, CRISC, CISM, or CISSP preferred
- Direct Experience in control testing preferred
- Prior experience in a IT risk / audit function
- Experience in system implementations preferred
- MBA or Masters in accounting, business, or information technology
- EOE M/F/D/V
- If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Tue, 18 09 2018 00:00:00 GMT Department: