Amick Brown is seeking an experienced IT SOX Compliance/Project Manager for our direct client.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 1 Year
- The role is 50 % responsible for IT SOX Compliance Analyst and 50 % IT Project Manager
- As an IT SOX Compliance Analyst you will be interface internal or external auditors to satisfy or remediate audit controls and completion of from assigned internal or external audits.
- The scope of work will primarily be focused on financial or designated Systems and controls for SOX and to support the external audit of clients change control processes.
- Documentation and recording of the audit will be heavy required.
- In addition, they will also perform project management function for managing IT projects and support Portfolio Management Processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Candidates must have direct “hands-on” experience in IT audits and functional experience with SAP and have sound understanding of SOX requirements.
- This is a cross-functional role, working closely with IT groups and other functional teams to ensure controls and compliance requirements are clearly defined and implemented.
- Effective communication and technical leadership are critical to the success of this role
- Serves as the subject matter expert and point of contact to Internal and External Auditors.
- Collaborates with IS Compliance, Internal and External auditors in developing, testing, and devising solutions to effectively meet applicable IT control objectives.
- Be knowledgeable of and provide SOX guidance for scope of audit controls with the SAP Platform teams based on how each Change control / CAB is operating
- Manage all aspects of IT projects, including monitoring scope, milestones, dependencies, costs, and benefits through lifecycle
- Create project artifacts, such as project plans, measures, team and stakeholder communications, resource and time management
- Ensure projects follow all company and Communicating the status of projects senior management by participating in the PMO and Steering Committee meetings to ensure stabilization of the project and timely delivery of the business team requirements
- Identify and highlight risks and issues within the project and escalate appropriately. Devise effective mitigation and escalation strategies for projects to address risks and issues.
- Managing the testing of the data migration from legacy system to SAP system and coordinate the business to review the migration results.
- Developing Hyper care support plan using ITIL methodologies (Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Requests and Change Management) to avoid business disruptions.
- Developing transition plan and manage transition to Application support team.
- Manage implementation of project management methodology and governance tools. Drive projects through project governance methodology and ensure compliance to stage gates
- Four-year degree (Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent) in a scientific field preferred, business, finance, engineering, IT or related field will be considered in conjunction with experience
- Certification in project management (PMP) is a plus
- CISA certified professional is a plus
- 8+ years of experience involved in IT or IT Project Management.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in IT Risk Management, SOX compliance and/or auditing with a strong background in IT controls Knowledge and experience of US GAAP, SEC, and SOX reporting requirements and processes.
- Strong project management, planning, decision making, negotiating and change management skills
- Proven ability to lead, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment
- Working with cross functional teams, including Manufacturing, Service Operations, Product Quality, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure and Project Management Office (PMO) to increase productivity of the internal teams using tools/platforms like MS VISIO, JIRA, HP ALM (QC), Smartsheet and SharePoint Server.
- Strong relationship building, customer focus and facilitation skills
- Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including idea generation, concept development and testing, design, implementation, validation and budgeting
- Experience in analyzing tradeoffs between product features, customer needs/requirements, produce-ability and cost
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics and execution
- Excellent communication (written, verbal), presentation and documentation skills
- Budgeting, project/program cost tracking and other technical management administrative experience
Amick Brown is an Information Technology consulting company specializing in ERP, Data Analytics, Information Security, Application Development, Networking, and Cloud Computing. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in San Ramon, California.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Wellness & Discount Programs