The Scrum Master is responsible for making sure a Scrum team lives by the values and practices of Scrum. The Scrum Master is often considered a coach for the team, helping the team understand Agile Scrum and practice it efficiently. The Scrum Master can also be thought of as a process coach for the team. A Scrum Master's main deliverable is a self-organizing team.
1. Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to meet or exceed the customer's expectations
2. Guiding the team to be self-organized
3. Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
4. Removing impediments, or guiding the team to remove impediments, by finding the right personnel to remove obstacles.
5. Nurturing a safe team environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
6. Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
7. Facilitating team discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
8. Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and providing information radiators.
9. Coaching the Team and Product Owner to ensure the product backlog is groomed to satisfy the team agreements.
10. Employing servant leadership principles, a Scrum Master mentors the team and leads by example.
Bachelor's degree in Information Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Agile certifications, such as CSM, PMI-ACP or PSM, preferred.
1. First level Scrum Master certification (CSM)
2. Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that is applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
3. Working knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
4. Knowledge and understanding of industry standard patterns and techniques for practicing the Agile Scrum process -)
5. Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Nice to haves:
1. Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP)
2. Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least five years for a software development team that is applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
3. Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
4. Previous experience as a team lead in any capacity
COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Demonstrated competency in developing effective solutions to successfully resolve diverse and complex business problems.
2. Strong analytical, communications, technical teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
3. Must be proficient in TFS, MS CRM, Excel, Access, or other database utilities and other Microsoft technologies.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Department: Information Technology