Alliance Inspection Management (AiM)
is the premier new and pre-owned vehicle inspection partnership in North America that combines breakthrough technology with deep industry experience to provide a trustworthy, independent bridge between buyers and sellers. We offer a comprehensive range of vehicle inspection services to verify the condition of new, off-lease and fleet vehicles and other properties at vehicle assembly plants, rail yards, ports, customers’ homes, dealers and auctions.
AiM, started in 2005, is continually growing and its Information Technology Division now seeks a Scrum Master that reports to the Senior Product Owner. This position will be responsible for facilitating and promoting the effective use of agile methodologies to create/maintain high-performing teams and provide continual value to the organization.
AiM offers a collaborative, fast paced, and exciting work environment that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and outside the box thinking. ** This role is temporarily
remote due to the pandemic**Essential Job Functions:
- Fluent in the agile mindset
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, grooming, demo, retrospectives, and other related team and intra-team meetings
- Participate in sprint demonstrations and scrum of scrums
- Remove impediments to the team’s ability to perform by working closely with the team and stakeholders, including product owners/managers, management, other teams, and the support organization
- Act as a buffer between external distractions and the team helping the team to keep focus. Protect the team and minimize disruptions
- Drive stories to Ready state in preparation for the next quarter and upcoming sprints
- Work with the team and Product Owner/Manager to maintain a healthy backlog and plan upcoming releases
- Foster team collaboration and timely communication
- Encourage an experimental and fail-fast mindset
- Build high-performing teams by helping the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Build trust among team members.
- Work with teams to create and update team working agreement, definition of ready, and definition of done
- Encourage brain-storming and creative thinking. Encourage the team to be confident and courageous, thinking outside the box.
- Maintain and generate information radars for the teams
- Collect and share metrics with team, suggest new metrics, and drive improvement using metrics
- Prepare for and facilitate quarterly, release, and sprint planning with the product owner and the team
- Communicate the status of progress and impediments to internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate cross-team coordination, tracking and following up with external dependencies
- Coordinate with the release manager on environment setups & maintenance, code deployments, and production releases
- Other duties may be assigned.
The following skills would be a bonus:
Job Knowledge and Skill
- TDD/BDD experience
- CI/CD process experience
Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities; Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized; Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm; Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationshipsExperience
- 5+ years of work experience in IT involving continuous process improvement, project management, business requirements and analysis, and/or technical proficiency
- 3+ years of work related experience in Agile methodologies
- Experience as a Scrum Master at an organization that is committed to using agile as a core methodology to deliver business value
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar agile project management certification (PMI-ACP)
- Experience in any part of the software development life cycle is a plus - as developer, tester, analyst, product manager, project/program manager, etc.
- Knowledge of multiple technology software delivery life cycles
- Advanced knowledge of business management methodology, change management theory and practices, and process engineering methodologies
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, process-focused with strong analytical and problem solving skills, be willing to take initiative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment with many competing responsibilities
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations:
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3+ years of experience leading Scrum teams in an Agile software development environment
- Development or testing background is a plus
BA in Computer Science related field preferredComputer Skills
Working knowledge of power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available.Communication Skills
Ability to excel in a team environment required. Must be able to successfully interface with IT and all AiM departments. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skillsAnalytical Skills
Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary research
Infrequent/Light travelVI. Compensation
Salary is commensurate with experience. Note: Please submit your salary requirements along with your resume. Omission of either will disqualify your application from consideration. No relocation will be paid. VII. Classification
This position is salaried-exempt and is not eligible for overtime. Full Time employees are eligible to participate in AIM’s benefit plans, including medical, dental and 401k (upon completion of the first 60 days of employment, 90 for 401k, and beginning on the first of the next month).
All offers would be made conditional upon passing a background check.
AiM provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on AiM. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
To comply with Federal law, Alliance Inspection Management LLC, participates in E-Verify.#Dice