IT SECURITY ANALYST (THREAT HUNTER)
Our client is looking for an IT Security professional who specializes in threat hunting. This is a great opportunity if you are passionate about technology and want to work for one of the top employers in Houston.
- Performs network and system security testing (threat hunting) to proactively identify security vulnerabilities and recommend / implement mitigation and remediation plans.
- Works with the business and management to analyze current and emerging security risks and recommends security solutions and changes.
- Routinely checks various log sources and network monitoring tools for indicators of a security incident, events and alerts.
- Develops automated scripts and tools to handle and track vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Conduct routine assessments for rogue or unauthorized wireless access points / devices.
- Monitors industry sources for emerging security risks, defenses, and best practices.
- Understands and interprets internal and external system security requirements (e.g., network segmentation) and plans the implementation and support.
- Provides after hours and/or on-call support for network, security, and associated platforms.
- Intrusion Detection and Threat Vulnerability management
- Problems resolution, including ownership through resolution
- Data event correlation
- Vulnerability analysis
- Penetration and vulnerability testing
- Incident response
- After-hour and weekend availability
- Light to moderate travel
- Experience with developing and executing security vulnerability test plans and procedures.
- Experience with programming in C, C++, C#, Java, PHP, Perl, .Net, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, and Linux Shell Scripting.
- Experience with problem solving through using out-of-the-box approaches.
- Knowledge of penetration attack strategies for web services, databases, networks, basic forensic tools, and cryptography principles.
- Knowledge of the Linux operating systems, TCP/IP protocol stack, and networking tools.
- Minimum five (5) years technical experience. Exposure to following:
- Windows 2008/2012 Server / Active Directory
- Windows 7/10 Workstation
- MS Office
- Microsoft SQL and Oracle application/database
- Knowledge of virtualization techniques and risks
- HP Unix and Redhat Linux
- Tenable Nessus / Nmap / Metasploit / Core Impact / Kali Linux
- Ability to parse and decode various application protocols – XML, HTTP, etc.
- Firewall technology with IPS/IDS
- Hosted/SaaS/Cloud Computing
- Server administration tools
- Security administration tools