Remote IT Security Analyst Opportunity!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Remote IT Security Analyst role.
This is a permanent
For applicants who are interested in this IT Security Analyst
opportunity please send a Word resume to Jenna Calnan, Professional Recruiter- Delivery Lead, at .
Here are the details:Position: IT Security Analyst Apex Job ID: 1131958 Location: Remote Rate: Negotiable Based on Experience Duration: Permanent Description:
The IT Security Analyst will be a part of our Security Team and be responsible for ensuring the IT and Security needs of the company and staff are met in a timely and professional manner. The candidate will be part of our excellent agile IT team and will have opportunities to learn from and mentor other IT professionals. The ability to take ownership of tasks and projects and see them through to completion is a critical success factor for this role. The ideal candidate will need to possess excellent communication, interpersonal and technical skills and be able to keep up to date with industry trends and address the company's cybersecurity needs. Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the security and secure configuration of our computer systems, network, data, cloud, and office/home office locations.
- Monitor computer networks, endpoints, and devices for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Oversee company firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Network and application security testing.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Take the lead on our annual Risk Assessment, PCI Compliance, HITRUST and other security/compliance frameworks.
- Member of our Security Committee.
- Monitor employee provisioning and de-provisioning processes from a security perspective.
- Conduct quarterly access control audit.
- Additional IT and security projects and assignments as needed.
- Associate or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Experience working in a compliance environment such as HITRUST, HIPAA, PCI, etc
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity including securing networks, networking software, hardware, cloud and virtualization infrastructure, and virtual private networks
- Experience with firewalls and network/device security
- Experience with technical writing and documentation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and familiarity with Microsoft Azure are a plus as well as scripting knowledge (PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with securing Office 365, SharePoint, G Suite are a plus
- Medical/health benefits options
- Summer Fridays!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or