The Security Engineer is a results oriented technical subject matter expert who works closely with other team members to implement and maintain security-related infrastructure and policies.
As a part of Tyler's corporate staff, you will make an impact on outcomes that affect various areas of the company. Your work will ultimately support our team members, clients, stakeholders, and the public sector.Location
- Develop and execute security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company infrastructure.
- Monitor and research attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security.
- Administer and monitor compliance of security policies across Tyler systems.
- Provide regular reports to management regarding existing or potential risks to Tyler systems.
- Research and implement options for new or improved technology.
- Research and remain current on cyber security threats in the IT space.
- Identify, analyze and resolve enterprise security design weaknesses.
- Manage, administer and maintain all enterprise security tool suites and utilities.
- Develop and enhance IT Security Office SharePoint site.
- Recommend security enhancements to management or senior IT staff.
- Take responsibility for and manage ongoing audit compliance projects.
- Create and maintain documentation for IT Security Office operations.
- Mentor junior members of the IT Security Office Team.
The Security Engineer must be able to:
- Maintain audit compliance deliverables.
- Manage multiple projects with hard deadlines.
- Think critically about, investigate and respond appropriately to security events.
- Work independently with little management oversight.
Education, Experience, and Special Skills
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related area of study, or comparable work experience
- At least 5+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in the areas of information security, risk assessment, cybersecurity or information technology.
- Experience with multiple environments and operating systems, devices and databases including Windows Server, Active Directory, VMWare, Azure or AWS is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong incident response background
- Fundamental understanding of security related technologies such as SIEM and SOAR
- Must have and maintain one or more IT Security Assurance certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CIPT and/or CCSK
- Strong understanding of information security standards, concepts, controls, testing techniques and technical risk assessment
Tyler is continually recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our recent awards and accolades across Tyler Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.