Apex Systems is seeking an IT Security Supervisor for a large Electrical Utility company located in Akron, OH. This position reports to the Director of Security & Infrastructure Operations. The Security Supervisor will be responsible the 24/7 operations, security and engineering technologies of the entire electric grid. As the supervisor you will oversee the security related systems that control the transmission and distribution footprint. Please apply directly to this positing if interested and send resumes to Title:
IT Security Engineering Supervisor Location:
Akron, OH Length:
- Experience Supervising a team of Security Engineers
- Hands on experience working firewalls, IPS/IDS, endpoint protection, DLP, SIEM, SOAR, etc.
- Must compose well-written, professional documents and reports
- Cyber governance policies and controls as it relates to security-related systems and services
- Work effectively with people at varying levels within an organizational hierarchy to accomplish tasks and goals
- This role is responsible for overall day-to-day operations, and for the performance of the Security Engineers and Analysts.
- The Security Supervisor will collaborate with the Transmission Operations, Cyber Security and Physical Security organizations frequently.
- Manage and drive portfolio security and IT engineering projects.
- Design and evaluate security related initiates
- Identifying areas of program improvement, expansions of service, customer service improvements, and other evolutionary changes.
- Liaison to upper management, other functional areas and internal business organizations.
- Define staff goals and manage staff performance against goals and priorities. Directs personnel actions in accordance with the company's guidelines and procedures. Direct and support staff development and training.
- Provide performance coaching as required.
- Lead cross-functional teams to accomplish overall IT projects and objectives Providing input on required staffing, software, hardware and support budgets.
- information sharing with external agencies such as the Department of Energy, Department of Homeland Security and ES ISAC (Electricity Sector Information Sharing Analysis Center).
- 7+ years of IT, cyber and/or physical security experience preferred.
- 5+ years of related management, operations, and budget experience.
- Strong leadership, excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Experience with the effective use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management throughout the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven conflict management skills.
- Strong decision-making skills during emergency and crisis situations.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in cyber / physical security encompassing strategies, policies, principles, procedures and standards.
- Understanding of and experience with security technology and tools.
- Experience using quality assurance techniques and strategies to monitor and improve performance and ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Associate or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or similar discipline required along with 5+ years of related experience.
- Security Certifications are greatly recommended.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or