This position is an IT Security Manager position for the ESA IV program. This is contract key position.
The ESA IV program supports multiple DOJ components and other federal agencies. The IT security scope varies some depending on the customer. The general scope involves oversite and day to day engagement with security engineers, IT staff and customers for:
IT Security Operations:
Vulnerability Management - security configuration management, patch management
Operation of security infrastructure - certificate authorities, scanning infrastructure, log archive infrastructure
Incident Response - triage of end point related issues, initial forensics
Information Assurance support: System approval support
Risk Management Framework activity support
Security Engineering: Support integration of new or updated applications in the environment
Support cloud migration activities
Support integration of new security services and tools into the environment
The IT asset scope can vary by customer to include end user devices (workstations, mobile devices), on premise infrastructure (servers, network devices, storage), cloud services, SAAS, and IAAS. The security team generally utilizes customer provided security tools to manage the environment. The IT Security Manager should provide a pragmatic approach to IT security balancing operational needs and resource with compliance requirements. The IT Security Manager will interface directly with Leidos and customer senior leadership as well as staff across multiple customer agencies.
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years prior relevant experience or Master's degree and 10 years prior relevant experience
- Communications: ability to clearly develop and articulate plans, issues, and status to senior leadership and working staff.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with customers, team mates, and external partners and interfaces.
- Broad IT operations and application experience
- Operations management: utilize IT operations and procedures to meet SLAs, performance and compliance measurements.
- Evolve procedures for increase effectiveness / efficiency and adapt to changing IT landscape (e.g. cloud migration, increasing mobile workforce).
- Systems Integration: experience integrating and debugging IT systems and applications.
- Ability to develop and execute plans to implement new procedures and capabilities.
- System security approval and Risk Management Framework: experience managing systems through approval and continuous monitoring.
- Security tools and technology: working familiarity with implementation and management of a range of security technology: Network design, network security, and network security appliances; security assessment and scanning tools (OS, database, application level); system hardening implementation and compliance; network and application security monitoring and system auditing.
- People management: team performance management, staffing; ability to multiplex across multiple concurrent customers and tasks.
IT Technology - working knowledge in the implementation and operations of:
- Emerging cloud technology (containers) Identity management, active directory, federated identity, certificate management, privileged access management
- Operating systems security features: Windows (all flavors), Linux, IOS, AndroidCloud services (e.g. Amazon, Azure)
- IT Security policies and procedures: familiarity and ability to research and facilitate compliance with NIST, OMB, DHS, DOJ security policies and procedures
- SOC operations: general understanding of current and evolving state of practice for SOC operations (operations, threat hunting, intelligence integration)
- SecDevOps, Security software engineering: experience working with IT teams to ensure security concerns are incorporated in program activities
- Security tools and technology: working knowledge of Tenable Security Center, DOJ SPDR, Splunk
- System accreditation tools: direct experience with one or more system accreditation management tools (CSAM, Xacta, Risk Vision)
- Certifications: one or more security related certifications: e.g. CISSP, CEH, ISSEP, ISSAP