Peraton is seeking an IT Security Project Manager
in Greenbelt, MD, to support our NASA customer at Goddard Space Flight Center, for the Space Exploration Network Services and Evolution (SENSE) Program.
As prime contractor on the SENSE contract, Peraton is responsible for the operation, maintenance, sustainment and systems engineering of NASA's worldwide satellite communication networks. You will work in a dynamic, team-based development environment for the NASA Near Earth Network. This position will have a specific emphasis on IT Security Management but will also include management and oversight of facility security, systems administration, and network engineering functions across the program.
This position will be responsible to provide for the following IT Security and IT Operations support within the program:
- Manage a team of IT Security, Facility Security Officers, Systems Administration, and Network Engineering professionals.
- Manage and improve individual mission and cross-collaborative approaches across the SENSE program.
- Maintain a proactive IT Security environment and culture.
- Review, plan, and prepare Assessment and Authorization processes for program projects with Information System Security Officers (ISSO).
- Facilitate annual system reviews, including internal and 3rd party Control Assessments.
- Provide guidance, monitor, and report on the program Plan of Action and Milestone (POAM) closure and reporting process.
- Identify and implement IT Security infrastructure tools, use-cases, and system designs to reflect trending global events and cyber security vulnerabilities.
- Ensure compliance with NASA IT Security policy and procedures.
- Interface with NASA IT Security personnel, including Security Control Assessors.
- Lead forensic reviews for IT Security incidents and report up to project management.
- Review and guide updates to program Security Plans and artifact deliverables.
- Manage diverse teams focused on effective and efficient management of Windows and Linux Systems, IT and Networking Infrastructure, and Operational Technology that is critical to real-time mission services.
- Maintain an awareness of global security (physical, information, COMSEC ...) trends and requirements.
- Provide workforce education and mentoring to maintain the IT Security, Security, IT System Administration, and Network Engineering culture across program.
- A Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of directly related technical experience; without a degree,16+ years of related technical experience may be considered
- 5+ years of supervisory management experience
- Experience with Windows and Linux Systems, IT and Networking Infrastructure
- Experience with writing IT Security and/or IT Systems process and plan documentation
- IT Project management and/or team supervisory experience
- Industrial Security background/experience
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret security clearance, which requires a US Citizen
- Previous experience working in the NASA environment
- DSCA FSO Program Management curriculum certificate
- Experience in identifying and implementing process improvements efficiencies
- Ability to multitask effectively between program projects, subcontractor personnel, and project civil servant community
- Good communication skills - able to run meetings with project teams and coordinate with technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent teamwork, collaboration, and proactive interactions
- Data Analytics or Security Operations Center (SOC) experience
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.