The Senior Director, Global Manufacturing is responsible for the enterprise application ecosystem, including related strategies, architectures, and operations elements. The incumbent ensures the IT solutions required to support the mission, goals, and operational needs are provided in a timely, accurate, creative, and cost-effective manner.
Acting as the thought-leader with regard to business applications, the Senior Director is accountable for building a scalable, responsive organization that continuously enhances the usability, efficiency and efficacy of commercial applications, custom in-house applications, mobile applications, and cloud solutions, all delivered and supported in alignment with the global business strategy. Additionally, helps shape business demand by partnering with business resources to facilitate the creation of business cases and value plans and ensuring value optimization and communication across teams. In carrying out the functions and responsibilities of the position, s/he is responsible for the total application life cycle and the processes, policies, and procedures related to the same. The individual will direct the efforts of an application team, inclusive of internal staff, consulting partners, and onshore / offshore contractors and related partnerships. Responsibilities
- Apply broad Industry 4.0 and enterprise knowledge, including an understanding of the organization's business strategies and processes, to sustain an application solution roadmap that supports the business' goals. Remain current on industry trends in process and systems.
- Collaborate and partner with business stakeholders. Act as an internal advisor and visionary on emerging technologies by recommending pursuits that yield profitable growth, continuous improvement and / or provides competitive advantage.
- Evaluate conceptual aspects of technical designs of Global Operations Enterprise systems to ensure sound decisions and investments are made in accordance with application architecture governance policies and standards.
- Experienced leader in business process transformation and integration of Manufacturing Execution Systems MES) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and associated systems.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the applications organization to ensure it will contribute to the company achieving its goals. Drive business case definition / requirements for key projects
- Oversee program level planning. Ensure plans are created and updated in a timely manner, communicated to relevant stakeholders, assess risks, and manage deliverables. Meet scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner. Use agile development principles where applicable.
- Manage assigned staff through successful recruitment, performance management, development planning, and retention of a high performing team. Effectively delegate responsibilities to achieve group goals and align individuals to the best of their abilities, while ensuring optimal oversight and supervision to ensure goals are achieved and appropriate growth in technical, leadership and team membership skills.
- Build strong relationships with the vendor ecosystem in order to understand trends and to build additional capacity to deliver business value. Manage development of new contracts and adherence to existing contracts.
- Drive digital initiatives and address enterprise risk in legacy applications components including related cyber risk.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services by monitoring system performance, directing production application support and adhering to service level agreements with end users.
- Partner with IT leadership and IT security on technical innovation plans to support the IT vision with the business teams.
- Ensure adherence to company and department policies and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in supply-chain, computer science, business administration, or other technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge and 15+ years of functional and technical experience with the SAP product suite and other enterprise application platforms serving a manufacturing / distribution environment.
- Exposure to operating in a global IT function with matrix reporting relationships.
- Leadership experience implementing world-class application solutions.
- Demonstrated experience managing a complex portfolio of business applications.
- Experienced in technical project management and / or leadership skills including the ability to plan, organize, and control activities.
- Experience working in an offshore / on-shore environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
The Director, SUPPLY-CHAIN AND MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES is required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential of the position:
- Authentic team player; demonstrates exemplary leadership and is able to build relationships, interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Progressive thinker; able to analyze, think and influence strategically across teams.
- Able to understand complex issues and clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Agile change leader; able to champion change, influence, drive results in a complex organization and bring demonstrable value.
- Experienced managing relationships across multiple cultures and geographies up to the highest levels of the organization.
- Effective communication; able to convey facts and information both verbally and orally.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet objectives and deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Collaborative, customer-focused style; proactively contributes to group objectives, volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Company Description
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. Key Words
Manufacturing ERP SAP