Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for an IT Senior Manager, Marketing & Data SRE. This position is located in Pleasanton, California, Phoenix, Arizona or Dallas, Texas.Position Purpose
The IT Senior Manager role is responsible for building out and maintaining a reliable, resilient, and cost-effective application and infrastructure while ensuring we maintain the strict compliance and security standards. This involves instrumenting our applications to emit the right signal so that our monitors and alerts can help us fulfill our service level objectives. To continue on this path, your team will make iterative changes to maintain these objectives. You will encourage collaboration with other teams from early stages of development to ensure delivered products and features are production ready.
This leader should have an excellent engineering foundation and well-rounded in architecting, building, and maintaining world class applications and services, with emphasis on stability, scalability, and availability. To be successful, you should possess the technical acumen and managerial experience to lead a group of high-potential business service managers and engineers.
This candidate should be able to grow their team and be ready to regularly take on new leadership duties. The candidate should have strong background of running operations, support, or devops teams with emphasis on Agile methodologies, CI, TDD, automation, and building scalable software.Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of Service Reliability Engineers and Business Service Managers
- Provide team members with an environment of coaching, mentoring, feedback, and staff development
- Manage how your team addresses incidents and other operational work
- React to and drive resolution of high severity incidents, improve the outage process
- Recruit SREs and manage your team's growth
- Advocate and prioritize platform automation, development code fixes, and other platform improvements
- Understand your domain and work across product teams to ensure high availability, scalability, fault tolerance, etc.
- Keep your platform healthy and within SLO (service level objectives)
- Drive SRE practices across the Digital, Data, and Merchandising teams
- Reduce toil for support and SRE in any way you can
- Manage your team's metrics, report on your team and platform health regularly to leadership
- Effectively collaborate with DevOps, architecture, development, and other teams
- Are comfortable presenting outages and fix opportunities to an executive audience
- Have experience managing vendors, both in the context of outages and integrations
How to Apply:
- 10 years of experience in software engineering, engineering management, and delivering large-scale enterprise services required
- 3-5 years of experience leading/managing engineering teams
- Experience running a SRE or support team for a modern eCommerce platform leveraging microservices and cloud native technologies
- Ruthless focus on improving systems availability, performance, and resiliency
- Experience building SRE operations and monitoring toolset
- Building cloud-native applications in private & public cloud (Google Cloud Platform, Azure) required
- Understanding of marketing and data technology space: Big Data, AI, ML, AdTech, and MarTech
- Ability to build team and maintain positive working relationships of the team across the company
- Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action.
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers
- Grocery domain knowledge a plus
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER