Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Health & Wellness (H&W) Engineering team supports the entire technology needs across our pharmacies, pharmacists & our customers. We are actively looking for an IT Senior Manager, Health & Wellness who can help transform our capabilities in this space. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.Position Purpose
Albertson's Companies is looking for people who are interested in growing the next generation health and wellness platform and deliver on a multi-year roadmap for Health & Wellness.
This position is responsible for leading engineering initiatives in health & wellness, while ensuring alignment on delivery methodologies, program tracking, budgets & staffing metrics management, compliance, and technology directions. The role will work closely with Product, Core Team, Agency, Business, and other Technology partners to define and govern products and track delivery of initiatives to committed timelines. This is a leadership position in the H&W Engineering organization.Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Design and Development
- Have a strong domain knowledge in pharmacy or health and wellness industry. Relate to pharmacy business leaders and pharmacy operations team in understanding vision, strategy, and operational pain points.
- Assume leadership for technology solutions that integrate internally with our core pharmacy systems and vendor partners, lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, and work with engineers to scale our production systems.
- Identify and lead technical initiatives to build clean, robust, and performant systems in collaboration with solution, enterprise, and security architecture.
- Staff and lead a team of engineers responsible for Health & Wellness initiatives.
- Lead, coach, and mentor technical leads, developers, testers etc.
- Mentor software engineers from diverse backgrounds to nurture a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency using software design patterns and industry best practices.
- Ensure alignment with the company's standards and procedures for project management, architecture direction, development standards, security requirements and supportability, HIPAA, HITRUST and any state, federal and/or regulatory agencies (DEA, State Boards of Pharmacy, etc.).
- Manage both inhouse and large system integration vendors to delivery to outcomes.
- Communicate with clarity, precision, and consciousness to Senior Leadership on program status, delivery risks and proactively identity issues to be resolved.
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency.
Drive large-scale projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, Program Management to define and deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives.
- Collaborate closely with core pharmacy system leads partners to understand their APIs, requirements for integration and lead fast paced projects and stay on top of API and platform updates of core pharmacy systems.
- Handle planning and breaking down large projects into milestones and identifying risks and dependencies.
- Work with program managers, track & manage schedule, budgets, resourcing & communicate project status.
- 8+ years of technical management experience in a highly complex and large-scale enterprise, preferably within in health and wellness or pharmacy domain.
- Ideally exposure to some of the supporting pharmacy business domains (PBM, prescriptions & refills, immunization, inventory tracking, managed health care, EPR etc.) and associated information technologies demonstrated through participation on multiple projects and industry roles.
- 4+ years of experience working with Agile methodologies and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team. This includes must have experience of running SCRUM, Kanban, or other agile development techniques.
- Some experience with pharmacy security compliance (e.g., HIPAA, GDPR, 21 CFR, GxP etc.) & integration standards (e.g., HL, GS1 etc.)
- High energy levels and tolerance for tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Ability to mediate between competing technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers.
- Effectively communicate between teams and within teams to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery.
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs.
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness; provide guidance to individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
How to Apply:
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER